finished at last, and it floats... | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

finished at last, and it floats...

cctyer

Apr 20, 2007
Short Shorts, Arkansas
That looks like a sweet spot AERO! I can't wait to get mine done so I can do some exploring to! The boat looks great! How much did she end up weighing after the mods you did?

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
oldsparkey said:
I was going to suggest he changes his name over to Wrong Way since everyone knows you are suppose to go down stream and not upstream when it looks like Niagara falls.
Durned fool didn't check them tidal charts!

(Or, like someone else I know, couldn't understand them.)

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
oldsparkey said:
everyone knows you are suppose to go down stream and not upstream when it looks like Niagara falls.
Fellas,

This iz the problem. The High Sheriff iz confused....a lot. Class I, Class II, Niagara Falls.....all the same ta him. :roll: :roll: :mrgreen:

regards
bearridge

Gort! Klaatu barada nikto!

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
Bear if I didn,t know no better I would say that was a little bit chilly on that day. wouldn,t want to paddle that day.

If you didn,t see the pics you wouldn,t believe it . I had never see nor heard it until one of my guys mentioned it to me also. He didn,t have no pics.

What the heck was chucky doing there , trying to see which way the tide was going. :lol: :lol:

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
catfish said:
What the heck was chucky doing there
Friend catfish,

I reckon they called him ta ask if anuther ice age wuz comin'. :wink:

regards
bearridge

A prating barber asked Archelaus how he would be trimmed. He answered, "In Silence." Plutarch

aeromotorwindmill

Jan 13, 2007
Georgia Tennessee
sink test

thought I might need to add a little floatation, I would hate for my little project to end up at the bottom of the river.
003-2.jpg

and it floats, notice the water in the boat is higher than the water outside the boat...
IMG]http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z29/aeromotorwindmill/002.jpg[/IMG]

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Pisssssss't .. Over here by the cypress tree .. Yea .. that's right over here.

You ... Do Know that the idea is to keep the water on the outside of the boat unless you paddle like a few of the folks on here that think there boat is a submarine. :lol:

Chuck.

aeromotorwindmill

Jan 13, 2007
Georgia Tennessee
seat

I fastened it to the runners with brass screws and glue before I glassed the bottom.

I am surprised how fast these boats are on open water, they seem to ride on top of the water instead of plowing through like so many other boats, the one disappointment I have is it is hard to fish out of with any kinda wind, bit the flip side you can get into anyplace that has a few inches of water...

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Windmill, get two, cloth bags. Fill each with rocks; tie them onto two, separate ropes; tie each rope to each end of your peerow. You now have two anchors to keep your boat in one place. If you don't want to carry anchors around, dump the rocks.

I marked my anchor ropes so I could get a fast read on depth. One thin mark at 5', one thick mark at 10. Another thin mark at 15', two broad marks at 20', etc.