catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
bolyesislandhuntingoct18th2010011.jpg

bolyesislandhuntingoct18th2010016.jpg

bolyesislandhuntingoct18th2010018.jpg

bolyesislandhuntingoct18th2010008.jpg

bolyesislandhuntingoct22nd2010002.jpg

had a blessed good time this week with daughter ,wife & me self. :D :D got the deer monday and the hog today. the deer sausage is good done sampled it. :wink: :mrgreen: :lol:

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
david took two of the deer & hog with rifle the other deer with shotgun. unfortunatly my daughter didnt get a shot. :( i tried to put her in the best stand, where i killed the two of the deer i had hunted that stand several times in past years and never seen a deer. the stand i put her at two other deer were killed last year.

i guess thas the way it goes? she did see two deer while we went walking down some roads but the deer seen us first & she couldn,t get a shot. she has killed about four deer in past years one was a nice six point.

some times you win some times you loose? :? :mrgreen:

p.s i got something else too chiggers or red bugs. :cry: :x

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
catfish said:
<SNIP> p.s i got something else too chiggers or red bugs. :cry: :x
Nice hunting, and my congrats to your Son. Tell your Daughter that hunting is a sometimes thing; even lions and grizzlies miss sometimes.

I don't have any, but I'd be that Chuck has recipes for fixing chiggers. He's an old boy from that neck of the woods, and claims to really cook up a storm with local foods. :wink: Sometimes, his claims are true.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Kayak Jack said:
I'd be that Chuck has recipes for fixing chiggers. He's an old boy from that neck of the woods, and claims to really cook up a storm with local foods. :wink: Sometimes, his claims are true.

Nope , Sorry but have never fixed any of them , just takes to many to make a good mess to enjoy.
Best thing to let them feast on the host while fixing up a bunch of Okra an Tomatoes , Greens , Grits , Gravy and some Venison Tenderloin done up in the pan.... "O" toss in a pan of Cornbread and some Honey to drizzle on it. :D

This way the chiggers might get big enough to make a meal but that is uncharted waters for me. :oops:
Catfish can furnish that information later on if we are lucky.

Chuck..........

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
What a bitter disappointment you are! You just blew your cover, Chuck.

I figgered there'd be stories of chiggers with a dressed weight of 50-60 pounds, special Zatarain's seasonings, cornmeal, Tabasco, etc. HUMBUG!

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
yep cooked up meself some that tederloin & back strap. i aint gonna lie it was good too. :wink: :D sad part i didn,t have no left overs in plate. :shock: :?

dawallace45

Catfish

Good one , up until a few years ago I used to take several deer a year , mainly Rusa , if there was any fat on them then I used to cut some of the meat as steaks but mostly used them for stews although the great bulk of the meat was turned into jerky

David