Fishing | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

Fishing

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
Since you geezers are talking about gar I have always heard that the roe ( eggs) are poisen & could kill you if eaten is there any thing to that. :?

P.S I think I may have ask this subject before . I know they use them for chum .

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
catfish said:
I think I may have ask this subject before
Friend catfish,

Dang good try, but no geezer award fer that. That iz like tellin' the same tale ta the same folks more'n once......good but no cigar. Dont git all down in the mouth.....yer day iz comin'. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

regards
bearridge

Why is it that our memory is good enough to retain the least triviality that happens to us, and yet not good enough to recollect how often we have told it to the same person? Francois de la Rochefoucauld

dawallace45

Mick

Saw a kayak some time back set up with a lecy motor and controlled with foot rudder peddles , he had a hand throttle mounted on the side of the yak and reckoned that it worked well and was no problem to use the hand control while fighting a fish on the rare occasions he needed to

David

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
G'day guys, I DID NOT CATCH THAT FISH :D

I wish I did, but I just used it to illustrate a point. The point is that when I am fishing my lake from my pirogue, yak or Southwind and get hooked up to fish like that, I get into all sorts of trouble with the buggers towing me all over the place and into snags and stuff.

Ron, your idea re the anchor is a good one and I will definately be trying it. :D

I have seen piccies of your alligator gar. :shock: We have nothing that even comes close. I don't think I would be keen to drag one of them into my boat with me either. :D

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
hairymick said:
I DID NOT CATCH THAT FISH
Friend Mick,

We had a president who used ta talk like that. Ever herded cats? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

regards
bearridge

ps I caint post the quote that goes with this (little pardners learnt too much bout sez when him 'n hiz woman run the country before), so I will send it ta ya some other way.

[quote deleted]

islanddrummer

Jul 5, 2007
Hudson, WI
Nice fish mick, we don't have them up here in wisconsin ya know. We catch mainly pick and walleye and neither get quite that big. I am looking to get bass and possibly pike, however they get some big teeth as well but nothing you can't handle. I liked the different rigs you guys have though, pretty nice. I still want to try a bow mount, I think it might have more maneuverability. I would have to rig it so it could be pulled out of the water from the seat though, I would hate to tangle up a giant pike on the motor!

the drummer

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
I saw the head of a 30 pound northern pike mounted on a boat house. All the teeth point back towards the tummy - a one way ticket in. Freshwater barracudas.

I was canoeing our local Red Cedar River this morning with Katie. Two fishermen were out there. One guy, who is the personification of Pat McManus' Rancid Crabtree, told me he caught 36" & 48" northerns out of there. I nodded, but don't believe him. Carp, maybe, but norhterns in the murky Red Cedar (too thick to navigate; too thin to cultivate) are like having salmon or gators there. Ain't happening.

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
mutter mutter mumble grumble fart snort

I DID NOT CATCH THAT BLOODY FISH AND IT IS NOT EVEN ME IN THE BLOODY PICCIE

I am going out there tomorrow bassin. :D This cold snap has killed a lot of our barra in that dam and they are too much like hard work anyway. Nice little bass about 2 - 4 pound are big enough for me.

I am busting to try out my new Cabeals topwater lures, especially the walking dog ones. Apparently our bass go ballistic over them.

Just put a order in with your Bass Pro shop. If anything they are even easier to deal with than Cabelas - too easy. :oops: These guys actually understand about quality service and seem to genuinely care about keeping the customer happy. (even if she did have trouble understanding me)

Was speaking on the phone with a lovely lady named Katrina whith the most beautiful Southern Drawl I have ever heard. She could have sold me a bridge. :oops: Anyway, I spent about $100 US including air freaight and cane away with a bunch of stuff that would have cost me well over $400 here.

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
mutter mutter mumble grumble fart snort

I DID NOT CATCH THAT BLOODY FISH AND IT IS NOT EVEN ME IN THE BLOODY PICCIE

I am going out there tomorrow bassin. :D This cold snap has killed a lot of our barra in that dam and they are too much like hard work anyway. Nice little bass about 2 - 4 pound are big enough for me.

I am busting to try out my new Cabelas topwater lures, especially the walking dog ones. Apparently, our bass go ballistic over them.

Just put an order in with your Bass Pro shop. If anything they are even easier to deal with than Cabelas - too easy. :oops: These guys actually understand about quality service and seem to genuinely care about keeping the customer happy. (even if she did have trouble understanding me)

Was speaking on the phone with a lovely lady named Katrina whith the most beautiful Southern Drawl I have ever heard. She could have sold me a bridge. :oops: Anyway, I spent about $100 US including air freight and cane away with a bunch of stuff that would have cost me well over $400 here.