1. The forums software has been upgraded and we are still sorting out its quirks.
    Please relay any problems you encounter. Thanks for your patience!
    Dismiss Notice

Float on the San Gabriel

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by oldbuffpilot, Apr 1, 2017.

1. oldbuffpilot

oldbuffpilot Well-Known Member

It was a good week to be me! We are back in Georgetown for some medical appointments, Joyce feels good, and our youngest daughter and Grandsons came from La for a visit. The highlight was a short float on the San Gabriel, about 2 miles from the house. Our Daughter paddled the TV12-32, Me in the Crawdad, and the Grandsons in tubes. Grandma drove the shuttle truck.

We had a blast. The water was perfect, crystal clear, high enough to be interesting and test the strength of strip cedar and 6 oz cloth. I came away for a new appreciation of the water Ron sometimes paddles. I think I’m 10 years younger and trying to figure out how to get the kids back next week end and do it again!

Andy

[​IMG]upload

2. oldbuffpilot

I've been bragging about how easy postimage is to use---- now I see this post is only 1/2 the picture and 2x the size I wanted!
    Oh well I've got some grasshoppers to turn into channel cat!! I'll fix the pic later.
    Andy

3. oldbuffpilot

4. Kayak Jack

Kayak Jack Well-Known Member

Good on ya, Andy. Grandkids are soooo special.

5. beekeeper

beekeeper Well-Known Member

:? No cypress trees? :roll:
    Looks like a great trip. Enjoy the grandkids. They are God's reward for growing old.

beekeeper

6. grandpa paddler

grandpa paddler Well-Known Member

My wife has a plaque that says "Grandkids are God's reward for not killing your kids". Most of whatever money might be left over when my wife and I head out on that 'great canoe trip in the hereafter' will go to the grandkids. :mrgreen:

7. Kayak Jack

Did you hear that, JD? We can get in line here, right behind our new grampaw!

8. grandpa paddler

In your case Jack, I'll probably make an exception :p :p :p

9. Kayak Jack

A generous exception? Or, a miserly exception? (He asked of Scrooge McDuck). :)

10. grandpa paddler

Probably a miserly exception :lol:

11. Kayak Jack

"Yer a mean, old man, Mr. McDuck". As paraphrased to the Grinch.

12. grandpa paddler

To quote the venerable Popeye, "I ams what I ams and dats all dat I ams!" (or sumthin like dat)