Float on the San Gabriel | SouthernPaddler.com

Float on the San Gabriel

oldbuffpilot

May 13, 2014
Central Kansas and Central Texas
It was a good week to be me! We are back in Georgetown for some medical appointments, Joyce feels good, and our youngest daughter and Grandsons came from La for a visit. The highlight was a short float on the San Gabriel, about 2 miles from the house. Our Daughter paddled the TV12-32, Me in the Crawdad, and the Grandsons in tubes. Grandma drove the shuttle truck.

We had a blast. The water was perfect, crystal clear, high enough to be interesting and test the strength of strip cedar and 6 oz cloth. I came away for a new appreciation of the water Ron sometimes paddles. I think I’m 10 years younger and trying to figure out how to get the kids back next week end and do it again!

Andy

upload

oldbuffpilot

May 13, 2014
Central Kansas and Central Texas
I've been bragging about how easy postimage is to use---- now I see this post is only 1/2 the picture and 2x the size I wanted!
Oh well I've got some grasshoppers to turn into channel cat!! I'll fix the pic later.
Andy

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
:? No cypress trees? :roll:
Looks like a great trip. Enjoy the grandkids. They are God's reward for growing old.

beekeeper

grandpa paddler

May 25, 2005
WNY-land of exhorbitant taxes
My wife has a plaque that says "Grandkids are God's reward for not killing your kids". Most of whatever money might be left over when my wife and I head out on that 'great canoe trip in the hereafter' will go to the grandkids. :mrgreen: