flooding | SouthernPaddler.com

flooding

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
Just wondering if the flooding is affecting Keith or any one in the denhem or the bayous? Been seeing the pics.my heart and prayers. Go out to you fellows

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
Talked to seedtick Saturday and they were safe and no water in the house. I'm guessing he is still OK. Have not heard from Keith. Phone service down and/or on the blink.
No water in mine or my daughter's house, but all three sister-in-laws flooded. 5'+ in two of their houses.
Most people have some damages if not total loss. :(

beekeeper

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
Thanks bee. Yea from what. I Have. Seen its bad over there. I m sure its worse in the real life or if its your house? My prayers are with you guys. Stay safe

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
I heard from Jules. Keith Felder had 5 feet of water in his house. Sad. We weren't affected here. Piper was dry the last I heard.

Joey

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
oldsparkey said:
BEARS BUDDY said:
Sorry that this happened to you folks. Hope all come through OK. This must be Bush's fault!

No way it has to be all the hot air from the present administration that's causing the turbulence which is making it rain.
Dam , you guys are getting way to much and over here everything is drying up.
Be careful Chuck. The two greatest injustices in life are
1. Not getting what you want.
2. Getting what you want.
Bob

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Today I got this email from Bearridge...............

Chuck, Keith Felder had 5' of water in his house.

Word is that Jules is dry, but haven't heard anything from him since the shit hit the fan. Not sure if loss of power isn't the problem. You may save your cell phone charge when you can't recharge. Computer chit chat would definitely be out.

I have heard nothing from either of them, but Joey and Piper are okay, have power and are in touch.

Just so you know, Piper says this is far worse than Katrina (that hurricane hit Mississippi, not Louisiana). The public doesn't realize it because after Katrina, Louisiana is a mostly white state. The flooding is far worse than "Hurricane Sandy" which all the media was screaming about until someone pointed out that the wind speed didn't reach hurricane level. After that they called it "Strong Storm Sandy" or something similar.

b

texastom

Jul 29, 2013
Dallas
Sandy had a never before heard (by me at least) name of "Super Storm". I work in commercial property insurance, placing coverage for risks all over the country, but primarily in TX. That gives me plenty of experience with Tier 1 (Coastal) and Houston/Harris County, which is generally considered Tier 1 by Insurance Carriers.

The cynical side of me thinks there was some political pressure to make sure it was not a "Named Storm" because that peril is typically either excluded, or has a higher deductible. If it was considered a named storm, quite a few people would have been uninsured.

I did a brief search and found at lease one lawsuit over it. This insured argues it was not a Named Storm and the Carrier claims it was. Both are obviously trying to get the better outcome for their side. Anyone care to bet Chuck Schumer didn't burn up the phone lines with various Insurance CEO's encouraging them to adjust this event as anything except a Named Storm?

http://www.propertyinsurancecoveragelaw ... med-storm/

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
My home was above the flood plain, about 6 1/2". Then, when FEMA wanted more money after Katrina, they administratively rsised the flood plain about 2 feet. You have to buy insurance from them, and are penalized if you don't.

scratching my head here - trying to figure out if someone is cheating or not - wondering where the statistical evidence is to support their actions - but, knowing that no logic exists, just beaurocracy doing CYA

Meanwhile, back at the ranch . . . . .

loafer

Jan 4, 2011
Baton Rouge, LA
Put my neighbor and his family in my boat when they had 2ft of water in their house
got them to dry ground. When I got back the water was at my door so we left with
three boat loads of cats and four dogs. When it was all over the neighbor across the road
said he watched my Miata float all around the front yard. My house stayed mostly dry
but the carport, storage room and two of my wife's cat rescue rooms are a mess.
Haven't been out to the barn yet but anything of value out there is up high

LOAFER

NWDad

Oct 4, 2015
Praying for all of you down there. Wish I was closer to be able to help more but know you all are in our thoughts and prayers.

Kevin

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
beekeeper said:
Talked to seedtick Saturday and they were safe and no water in the house. I'm guessing he is still OK. Have not heard from Keith. Phone service down and/or on the blink.
No water in mine or my daughter's house, but all three sister-in-laws flooded. 5'+ in two of their houses.
Most people have some damages if not total loss. :(

beekeeper

Still busy helping but here are a few of pictures.
Before clean up:

After:

beekeeper

dawallace45

I talked to Kieth Davis on the phone a bit over a week ago and he was telling me how bad it was for people , terrible , not that much coverage here , most US news is some one telling us how bad Trump is , hell most of the US news updates I get from the major US sources aren't covering the flood either and they seem more concerned on telling us how bad trump is too

Not much point having a free press if it's all owned by the same group of people

David

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
David,
If an event does not happen in the North East, it is not newsworthy. Example is Sandy. How long did we hear about that. At least they finally quit calling it a hurricane.
Bob

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
The news media is owned or controlled by the democrats and the Obama administration so you can bet it is all one sided and on there side.
If you check out the members of Obama's staff he has a family member associated with the upper management of the news medias ( Plural ) working for him.

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
Recovery stage still going. One of my sister in laws salvaged a beveled glass pane from an end table. It was important to her because it was used by her late husband(my wife's brother). The table did not survive, so I built her a new one.

beekeeper
P.S. Titebond 3 just in case, ever again. :roll: