Gettin' my throat slit Monday | SouthernPaddler.com

Gettin' my throat slit Monday

grandpa paddler

May 25, 2005
WNY-land of exhorbitant taxes
I've been having upper back and shoulder pain since mid August and after several attempts with chiropractic (and at DC's suggestion) went to a neurosurgeon.

I have a deteriorating cervical disc causing all the problems, so Monday 5:30am I will be at the hospital for surgery. They actually go through your throat to get to the spine. Surgeon assures me that the procedure is simple and safe.

I don't really have any major worries or concerns, but if anyone is so inclined, I will deeply appreciate your prayers. Thanks guys, and Merry Christmas.

Jon

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Yes, Jon. Take care of yourself. I'm expediting to you 1each, small, service bell. You just "ting-a-ling it, and momma will come rinning to tend and serve you! Be nice, and she'll sing "Soft Kitty" like they do for Sheldon.

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
Jon,
Be a good little democrat and suck everything out of this that you can. It's not everyday you get your throat cut. Get it while you can. After you heal it's back to normal again. :wink:
Bob

grandpa paddler

May 25, 2005
WNY-land of exhorbitant taxes
It's been 2 weeks today. Recovery is not as rapid as I had hoped but I've been able tolerate the residual pain without taking as many pain killers as allowed. I do tire out sooner than I like and I do nap a lot. Sadly, there will be no skiing :( this year but the surgeon thinks I'll be able to paddle :) this year.