1. The forums software has been upgraded and we are still sorting out its quirks.
    Please relay any problems you encounter. Thanks for your patience!
    Dismiss Notice

Grandson's Boat

Discussion in 'Boat Bragging Board' started by beekeeper, Apr 25, 2010.

1. beekeeper

beekeeper Well-Known Member

I built this boat for my grandson:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Gave it to him the morning of the Rendezvous.
    For me?:
    [​IMG]

First paddle:
    [​IMG]

Sister records the event:
    [​IMG]

Paw Paw gets a thank you hug:
    [​IMG]

No better reason to build one! Thanks to all who post on here, for all the information and inspiration. And as usual a special thanks to seedtick and Keith for their knowledge and tutoring.

beekeeper

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  2. lil'moe

lil'moe Active Member

A fine looking craft-and a great payment to PawPaw. Sometimes it just can't grt any better than this. Hope you both have a ball with this-its a lot more than just a boat! Well done PawPaw.

3. seedtick

seedtick Well-Known Member

From the looks of that boat, it's Keith and me that needs the tutoring

Can't wait to see the next one :D

4. TopWaterboy

TopWaterboy Active Member

Looking good! I'm sure little J-man will enjoy days on the water with grandad & dad.

5. graybeard

graybeard Well-Known Member

That is one good looking boat. Thanks for sharing it with us.

6. oldsparkey

oldsparkey Well-Known Member

That is one good looking boat and the smile on his face say's it all. Looks like he will have to grow a little more to fit in the boat. :D

Chuck.

7. beekeeper

Chuck
    We hope to try it for fit soon. It was made to nest inside his dad's boat, if I remembered the dimensions correctly. Kids grow fast and adapt. I could have made a smaller one but, I wanted it stable and not become too small any time soon. With a seat and a double paddle he should be OK. The outside chines reduced the floor and beam by almost two inches. That should help.

greybeard and TopWaterboy thanks for the compliments. You too, seedtick. I just hope your not telling me no more classes. :wink: If I can find a pencil, I will bring my new note book the next time and you want have to repeat so much. :lol:

beekeeper

8. oldsparkey

oldsparkey Well-Known Member

I was about his age , or in that area , when my Dad taught me how to paddle a Old Town Wood and Canvas Canoe. Man it was fun and to make it better , I would take Dad fishing and paddle the canoe while he fished. It let him have fun and sharpened my paddling skills.
    Later in life we would go fishing or duck hunting and Dad had the bow seat while I was the motor in the back , some great memories.

9. catfish

catfish Well-Known Member

bee nice looking boat and family. :wink:

10. Kayak Jack

Kayak Jack Well-Known Member

Dear Mr. Bee Keeper. Kin I be your Grandson? I'll dig wurms n catch grasshoppers.

11. BEARS BUDDY

BEARS BUDDY Well-Known Member

The boat looks even better close up--great work. Ask anyone who saw it at the Rendezvous. I am available for adoption if you want to build another. :mrgreen:

12. beekeeper

Mr. Kayak and Mr Buddy

Y'all' offer to become related to me is a great compliment to the boat. Most folks won't admit to even knowing me. :lol:
    "I know", You didn't say you would tell any one else. :lol:

beekeeper

13. Kayak Jack

Yer right, JD; you saw right through us. We don't want you, just the boat. After all - we have our pride! :wink:

14. beekeeper

Delivered the boat 4/29/10. As we were putting it in the storage building an idea was revealed. Swimming pool, water, "hm" see if it will float. Developed into a fun time and a maiden voyage of sorts.

It floats: :D
    [​IMG]

Grandson takes it on its first "trip": :roll:
    [​IMG]

Reentry:
    [​IMG]

Room, and stable enough for two:
    [​IMG]

Sister goes solo:
    [​IMG]

First fish:
    [​IMG]

Don't try this at home: :wink:
    [​IMG]

Looking forward to a real trip. Guess who wants her own boat now? Guess what Paw Paw will be building next?

beekeeper

15. BEARS BUDDY

BEARS BUDDY Well-Known Member

Uh, how many tries do we get to guess? They sure appreciate the boat. :mrgreen:

16. Kayak Jack

Actually, Grandpaw, in the pool is a GREAT training environment for reentry, paddle strokes, etc. Put his PFD on him and do the training complete.

17. graybeard

graybeard Well-Known Member

Be sure to sign those boats, so the grandkids' kids will know who built those beauties!

18. TopWaterboy

TopWaterboy Active Member

Another nester??

19. ZipSnipe

ZipSnipe Active Member

Great looking boat, thats pretty close to what I am building.

20. beekeeper

Then:
    [​IMG]

Now:
    [​IMG]

How fast and how much they grow. :D Where does the time go? :(
    Something to consider when building a boat for a child. What fits today will soon be too small.

beekeeper