Gree-itz | SouthernPaddler.com

Gree-itz

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Grits are nothing more then finely ground up corn cooked ( Boiled ) in hot salted water.
Good grits ( Not the instant ones ) have a wonderful corn flavor to them. A little Salt and Pepper along with a couple pats of butter melted over them with some eggs and sausage makes a good breakfast. :D

Two ways Southerners usually eat them..
1...... From the bowel with only salt an pepper and some butter on them.
2......One way of enjoying them is to put some in a bowl or on a plate , your choice and then drop a couple of sunny side eggs on top of the grits. Now take a fork and a knife and cut the eggs up mixing them into the grits so everything is combined. Use a slice of buttered toast to chase them on the plate so you can get a fork full every time.
Sausage or Bacon or a good slice of Country Ham on the side does not hurt things. :roll:

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
KYJack its got to be a miss print cause I eat a lot of them gritz and I show aint homo. :roll: :lol: :mrgreen: but they are good . I believe the daily jack wrote it? :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: I had some this weekend on the river with some sasauge. yum yum

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Hey, Catfish. It's just part of my "Don't Ever Forget To Pull Chuck's Tail" program. Hell, when you get to be my age, it's about the only fun I have. They feed me only soft foods and jello here. But - thank god - no gree-itz or viennies. :wink:
A man has to retain his sanity, ya know.