Here yesterday and gone today......... | SouthernPaddler.com

Here yesterday and gone today.........

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
You never know about life , here yesterday and gone today.

Thomas Franks Hand passed away yesterday while playing in the snow with his grand children while visiting them in New Jersey.

He lived in New Jersey for his working life and before then down here in Florida when I managed to meet and know him. That action was from me dating his sister and later marring her that's when he became a life long part of our family and will continue to be a part of it.

He loved to joke around and have a good time , no matter how bad things were. I can't verifie this since it has not happen .... yet.... But his Captains fireman's uniform was mailed up to Jersey so he can be buried in it and have a fireman's funeral which any fire department would do for a fireman and especially one of there Captains.

He retired two years ago and came back to where he grew up , he and his wife purchased a home and managed to enjoy a couple of years of relaxing and enjoying life here in Florida. He was really happy since he managed to actually get a Social Security check since he just turned 62.

As I knew him ... Buddy.... was a great person to know , be around and you could always count on having a good time when he was with you , no matter what you were doing.

Buddy we will miss you but you will always be with us.

Your Brother ( in Law ) .... Chuck.

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
chuck sorry to hear about your brother-n-law. life if short we better live it to the fullist each day and tell our loved ones we love them . none of us are promissed of tommorrow. will keep you and his family in our prayers. (cat)

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Sorry for your loss Chuck. Always bad to lose a good friend. At least he seemed like he enjoyed life.

Paddlin'Gator

Feb 2, 2008
Tequesta, FL
Sorry to hear about your brother-in-law, Chuck. I guess if you have to go, quickly and doing something you enjoy, like he was doing, is the best way, but he was way too young. Our condolences to you, your wife and his family.

Joe

mike

Jun 29, 2009
TEXAS!
Paddlin'Gator said:
Sorry to hear about your brother-in-law, Chuck. I guess if you have to go, quickly and doing something you enjoy, like he was doing, is the best way, but he was way too young. Our condolences to you, your wife and his family.

Joe

Gotta agree with the 'Gator. Sorry for your loss.

Mike