1. The forums software has been upgraded and we are still sorting out its quirks.
    Please relay any problems you encounter. Thanks for your patience!
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting visitor

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by tw541, Apr 12, 2014.

1. tw541

tw541 Active Member

I had a visitor in my front yard not long after we moved here. I went outside and it was not afraid of me, but it did not seem aggressive either. Since there are officially no wolves in Arkansas, I emailed these pictures to the game and fish commision, and asked them what it was. (I knew what it was, but wanted to see what they would say) The local game warden called me a few days later and confirmed it was definately a wolf, but it must have been illegally released. I live in a fairly remote area, and I am used to seeing deer and turkeys in my front yard, but this guy was something new. He has not returned.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Wannabe

Wannabe Well-Known Member

Thanks Terry, that was neat. Every now and then we are allowed to see something special.
    Bob

3. Kayak Jack

Kayak Jack Well-Known Member

Fascinating animals. Very pack (family) oriented. Read the book "Never Cry Wolf!" It's an easy read, and pretty entertaining as well. You'll recognize a some of your own family members and family moments in the wolves family.

4. oldsparkey

oldsparkey Well-Known Member

Could be that he left the pack and moved to an unsettled ( wolf wise ) area to start up his own pack as soon as he locates a girl friend. You are really lucky to have seen him. :D

I agree with Jack , " Never Cry Wolf " by Farley Mowart is a good book to sit back and read.

Chuck.