Interesting visitor | SouthernPaddler.com

Interesting visitor

tw541

Feb 18, 2008
Mountain Home, Arkansas
I had a visitor in my front yard not long after we moved here. I went outside and it was not afraid of me, but it did not seem aggressive either. Since there are officially no wolves in Arkansas, I emailed these pictures to the game and fish commision, and asked them what it was. (I knew what it was, but wanted to see what they would say) The local game warden called me a few days later and confirmed it was definately a wolf, but it must have been illegally released. I live in a fairly remote area, and I am used to seeing deer and turkeys in my front yard, but this guy was something new. He has not returned.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Fascinating animals. Very pack (family) oriented. Read the book "Never Cry Wolf!" It's an easy read, and pretty entertaining as well. You'll recognize a some of your own family members and family moments in the wolves family.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Could be that he left the pack and moved to an unsettled ( wolf wise ) area to start up his own pack as soon as he locates a girl friend. You are really lucky to have seen him. :D

I agree with Jack , " Never Cry Wolf " by Farley Mowart is a good book to sit back and read.

Chuck.