Karens ( Beareidges better half ) Stroke. | Page 7 | SouthernPaddler.com

Karens ( Beareidges better half ) Stroke.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Truthful Jack,

On our way back this afternoon she sez "heck, mebbe ya oughta pick up some extra dough drivin' ole ladies ta the doctor". Morgan Freeman lives a few miles frum here. Mebbe I oughta go ask fer some tips? :wink:

regards
bearridge

Make yourself sheep and the wolves will eat you. Benjamin Franklin

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Have you ever been driving down the road and suddenly, with horror, realized that you could not remember the last mile or two that you had driven?
Well, for me, that was the 24 day journey that started on Jan. 22, 2008....my Dearest Bill’s birthday.
Had it not been for his quick thinking and cool head, I am positive that I would not be here or if so, not with the mind or the good physical state that I have. Between Bill, brother Jim, and Dr. Steven Clark, they did exactly and all that could/should be done. For this, I truly owe them my life and my total gratitude.
I know Bill has told me many a time the events of that night and the following days. Bless his heart, I am sure he wished that soon it would sink in, I would remember, and finally quit asking. Well....we are almost there!
I do recall him reading to me the well wishes, thoughts and prayers that so many of you on this forum sent. Thank you. But more importantly, thank you for keeping his mind on something other than a dreary hospital room and a wife that couldn’t do anything for herself. I mean really....WHO WAS GOING TO DO ALL THAT YARD WORK? LAUNDRY? COOKING? GROCERY SHOPPING? PAINTING? CAT KEEPING? Can’t you just imagine the pain he was going through? Seriously, none of you have any idea what that Dear man did for me. Now he is doing all of my chores, too. I can never repay his kindness and patience.
For all of you that have met me, except for late Aunt Bessie’s wood cane (I’m guessing it’s about 55 years old...including the duct tape like tape on the end along with some of Roscoe and Twyla’s hair stuck to it) and the “New York haircutâ€

islandpiper

Dear Miss Karen, i have been up since five am today, been working and reading all day, and it took till eight-thirty tonight to read anything as good as your letter. Thanks for the update,,,,,,,,keep an eye on the old man and give him a day off next January, just to celebrate.

Cheers, Piper

a Bald Cypress

May 7, 2007
Northwest Louisiana
K

Well, that just brought a smile to this heart. We have never met nor have I ever met your husband or any of the other fine folks who are crazy enough to paddle wooden boats that they build.

But, in a way, we all know each other from the screen of a computer and what we know is GOOD.

When someone is hurting, the thoughts and vibes go out throughout the land. [ They may have trouble getting into some parts of Florida ] but other than that they work well most of the time.

It is with a great feeling of relief that we can read a post from you. Continue to get well and post an update now and then.

swamprat

Aug 28, 2003
Venus Fl.
members.findmoore.net
So very good to hear from the boss! Thank you Miss Karen for taking the time to write. I'm off this morning for a quick, furniture moving trip up to SC with my dad but I will stop and smell the mountain air.
Good to hear from ya!

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Mz. Karen,

Your post does this old farts heart really good and to see that you are making such a speedy recovery is marvelous. May you continue the other 8% and then add a little more for safety's sake.

Don't work Bill to hard since I am sure we will hear all about all the hard work he did on the next camping trip. If the trip would be like the others , you will sit there and roll your eyes as he explains things we know are exaggerations and gracefully agree with him. :lol:

Chuck.

Commodore

Dec 13, 2003
Melbourne Beach, Fl
Health

Dear Karen: I am so happy that you are now able to rejoin us. In this world every thing depends on health. Your letter has made an old man happy this day. With much love, Harry

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Good job Karen! You seem to be a miracle as far and fast as you have progressed. Nice to see you back...

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
friend bear sorry for the late coming . i don,t usally look at the geezer cafe that much & don,t know what made me look at it tonight . sorry to hear what you guys have been thru.

hope she is on the mend & doing alot better . just like micks better half we don,t really think of it happening to us until it does but it sure can. my thoughts & prayers go out to you guys.

just remember god still performs miracles. your friend cat

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend cat,

Vertigo iz still a bad problem, but lemme tell ya bout lunch yesterday. We had fixed a corned beef brisket the day before. We fixed sammiches fer lunch. She wanted chips, so she had her sammich on a plate in one hand 'n the chips in the other. She took 2-3 steps 'n froze. Then she sez "bring my cane". I sez "yes maam".

regards
bearridge

Democracy is when the indigent, and not the men of property, are the rulers. Aristotle

islandpiper

bearridge, i've piped at several hundred weddings but only had one of my own( 1978 and still going), so I figure i get to give advice once in a while.

I sometimes tell the Grooms to count to ten before answering anything......and say YES, MA'AM, and mean it.

Did I pipe at your wedding? Or you must just be naturally smart.......that must be it.

Hang in there, Miss Karen. I can tell you from my eye troubles that everything is easy but the PATIENCE......that does not come naturally, but must be learned

cheers, piper