Let's be careful out there! | SouthernPaddler.com

Let's be careful out there!

A

Anonymous

From Morgantown, WV Dominion Post, 7/13/04

Man Hospitalized After Outhouse Explosion Tuesday

A man was hospitalized for burns after he lit a cigarette in a portable outhouse and the outhouse exploded.

MECCA said that about 9:40 a.m. Tuesday, Monongalia Emergency Medical Services responded to a burn call at the Clay-Battelle Community Health Center on the Mason-Dixon Highway in Blackville.

The spokesperson said a man, whose idenity is not being released, was inside a portable outhouse when the explosion occured.

The methane gases inside the the outhouse didn't "take to kindly" to the lit cigarette, the spokesperson said.

A Clay- Battellele Health Center spokeswoman said the man drove himself to the clinic.

Mon EMS workers said the man was not severely hurt but they could not comment specifically on his injuries or release his name due to privacy policies.

Mon EMS transported the man from the health center to Ruby Memorial Hospital.

JEM

Man jailed for illegal firearm possession after shooting self in groin

The Associated Press

Updated: 5:00 p.m. ET July 13, 2004SHEFFIELD, England - A man who shot himself in the groin after drinking 15 pints of beer and stuffing a sawed-off shotgun down his trousers was jailed for five years Tuesday for illegal possession of a firearm.

David Walker, 28, underwent emergency surgery after the March 6 incident in Dinnington, northern England. Tests were continuing to learn if Walker would be left infertile, his lawyer Gulzar Syed said.

“He still feels quite severe pain,â€Â

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Jack

After 15 pints of beer I could take on Superman and win, no problem getting from here to there when you have a full tank and if you still can stand up.
Thank goodness it wasn't scotch ... that stuff will kill you and you don't even know it.

You ask how does a person know when that is happening..... :?:

It is simple the taste buds are the 1st thing to go, this way you can actually drink the scotch. Yuk , spit , sputter , yuck , drool , barf..... :lol: :lol:

Chuck.

A

Anonymous

Fifteen pints a beer on the wall, fifteen pints a beer, take one down....BLAM

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
oldsparkey said:
Jack

After 15 pints of beer I could take on Superman and win, no problem getting from here to there when you have a full tank and if you still can stand up.
Thank goodness it wasn't scotch ... that stuff will kill you and you don't even know it.

You ask how does a person know when that is happening..... :?:

It is simple the taste buds are the 1st thing to go, this way you can actually drink the scotch. Yuk , spit , sputter , yuck , drool , barf..... :lol: :lol:

Chuck.
Gentlemen drink Scotch. No gentleman would ever conduct himself in such a manner. (nose in air, looking away now) HUMMPPHH!!

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
It's a good thing this is in the HUMOR Section cause if it wasn't it would be ..... Jack a Gentleman..... :roll:

Thinking about it that could be correct, cause , if I remember correctly in Websters the definition of a Gentleman is someone who does not work for a living. :lol: :lol: :lol:

That would include Goverment jobs also........or is that the defination of a goverment job ??????

Chuck.

dawallace45

15 pints isn't a bad session at all but not at all unknown , when we used to organise our week long fishing trips we used to work on 1 carton of beer [ 9 litres per carton ] per day per man plus a spare for every 5 days away , of as we got older and built up a higher tolerance to alcohol the amount we took got bigger , drinking large amounts of beer isn't all that uncommon here in Australia and there are many of us who like to have a beer , until recently I used to drink 2 to 4 litres of home brew a night , I've probably built up a fair tolerance to beer over the years and it's been over 20 years since I've been drunk , I can't remember if I've mentioned that I'm no longer allowed to drink as my doctor reckons that I've got a fatty liver and now alcohol , fatty food , coffee and such are out , he doesn't know if the fatty liver is from the beer or the heavy doses of steroid asthma drugs I'm on but either way he told me no more beer , so now I drink a couple of litres of low sodium soda water per night , I actually find that giving up the beer wasn't any problem as long as I have some thing to drink and the soda water is fine for that and has the same effect on me as the beer , [ nothing ]

I do have to admit that to some the amount of alcohol the mate and I have consumed on our fishing and hunting trips has been a little excessive at times but as I said I don't tend to get drunk unless I drink spirits fast and the mate tends to have a higher tolerance than me even though he's only 5'6 , [ I think the bugger is hollow ] on our last three day pig hunting trip to Longreach we went through 58 litres of beer between us , obviously we don't actually drink while we're hunting , it's far too hard to shoot a rifle with out spilling the beer

Regards

David W

A

Anonymous

!!!

dawallace45 said:
we don't actually drink while we're hunting , it's far too hard to shoot a rifle with out spilling the beer

Regards

David W
Problem with shooting and spilling solved!
I use one of those drinking helmets. The kind that holds a can on each side with the plastic tube that runs down to your mouth. Even the 30-06 won't shake a drop out! Do they make Foster sized holders on those helmets?

I didn't know a guv'mint job was classified as work?

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
I'd drink alone more, except for the poor company. It's better to drink with a buddy, and sip my way right on past the ornery stage, on press into the melancholy and maudlin part. Cap'n Meriwether liked it that way too.