Make America Great Again | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

Make America Great Again

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Seen today Walmart will stop selling pistol and certain types of long gun ammo! They are almost finished selling guns for that matter. They caved to liberal whiners. They also prohibit open carry, but concealed carry is ok. If I can’t buy ammo for concealed carry... I see no reason to go into Walmart any longer.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
"But - those well dressed, high class folks there keep my flame burning brightly!", he said firely.
I know Jack... your sad because you get your scotch there... the good stuff... distilled in the UP by Ole and Sven..

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
With all the hot air and absolutely BS coming from the political clown car of the looney left calling for “assault weapons” ban... we civilians don’t have these nor can we get them... anyway, I decided to search for some facts. I went to the FBI records and downloaded murder rates from 2017. In that year there were 15,129 murders, of those murders 1,591 were murder by knives. Now 403 murders were by ALL rifles... semi autos, bolt, lever, etc!!!! So the murder rate by knives is four times over rifles!!! They want to ban rifles!!! I now have the theme music from The Three Stooges running thru my mind! o_O
Ban politicians!!!

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Efforts labeled as "gun control", never were about controlling guns. It has always been about controlling people - only people can thwart malfeasance and misbehavior. And, they can thwart it better with guns than with knives.

More people die every year by medjcal malpractice, and also by vehickes.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
I'm not a killer, nor even an injurer . But military training exposed the fact that, in reality, man is not a difficult animal to kill. I'm addressing the mechanjcal part, NOT the moral, emotional part. We're not much more work than, say, a rabbit or a small dog., One under, say, 20 pounds. An old dog.

So, yes, hands, feet, etc. can serve well. I've written on here previously, about a "Deadly Weapons Training" seminar I had to attend while employed by the State Of Michigan The lady instructor had handouts, 15-20 pages stapled at their upper left corner. She defined a deadly wepon as a small machine that could emit a projectile heavy enough, and fast enough to cause serious, bodily injury. Or, words to that effect. IE: a gun. Knives weren't included. Neither were items like Louisville slugger baseball bats, swords, spears, bows and arrows, atlatls, traps, etc.

After class, I asked to speak with her. I explained that her information had left out much more than it included. I started with the definition of a "weapon". I told her that, "Nothing is a weapon, until it has been used as a weapon. The other side of that coin is that, everything in the world is a potential weapon."

She had a handful of wooden pencils. I asked for one, and explained that with this, I could puncture her windpipe, jugular vein, eyeball, solar plexis, etc. By now, she had backed up several paces. I took her hand out, rolled it tightly into a rod-like cylinder. And, holding it in my fist with a couple of inches protroding right and left, explained how this can deliver disabling blows to windpipe, jugular vein, solar plexis, groin, etc. And, once someone is disabled, it is then much easier to finish off the act.

By now, she's near the door. I sat t down in a chair to let her know that I'm not attacking, only educating. But, I'm afraid the lessons were lost on her. Some readers already knew these things. Others - don't let the lessons be lost on you.

A wooden dowel, say, 3/8"-1/2" in diameter, long enough to protrude 1 1/2" from both sides of your fist, looks innocent. A blow struck with it to soft, tender body parts is disabling first, then damaging. Or, if it is raked across a face it can cause painful and disabling injuries. Yet, the "little stick" has an innocent appearance. Because, it is innocent. The little stick, just like a gun, needs a knowledgeable human before it becomes a weapon.

Last edited:
Reactions: grandpa paddler