1. The forums software has been upgraded and we are still sorting out its quirks.
    Please relay any problems you encounter. Thanks for your patience!
    Dismiss Notice

Merchant Millpond, North Carolina

Discussion in 'Paddling Rivers in Your Area or State for everyone' started by Deer Slayer, May 11, 2009.

1. Deer Slayer

Deer Slayer Active Member

A hidden jewel of a canoeing park in the Albemarle region of North Carolina, located in Gates County (36° 25' 52.75" N 76° 41' 52.15" W)

[​IMG]

The park's new ramp. No more mud in the boat. Nice!

[​IMG]

The Way In

[​IMG]

A Wall of Cypress

[​IMG]

Cypress Knees

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Blue Flags (Iris)

[​IMG]

The Path Ahead

[​IMG]

Sun light streaming through the canopy

2. a Bald Cypress

a Bald Cypress Well-Known Member

WOW That do look nice.

I can just see a 6 pound bass waiting by one o dem Cypress.

3. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

An' I see a lifetime of "Honey, I ain't up to goin' inta work, this morning" an' den sneaking off in da pirogue wit da fishin' gear. . . :wink:

Man, dat be some pretty water. . .

4. oldsparkey

oldsparkey Well-Known Member

Beautiful pictures , that is my type of water , a large bass by every cypress , bream just wanting to jump in the boat and green all that way around you.

If it ain't a picture of heaven it is dang close. ( Cypress in there Spring Green foliage )
    [​IMG]

Reminds me a little of some parts in the Okefenokee Swamp. :D

Chuck.

5. bearridge

bearridge Well-Known Member

Looks nice. Got any winter time shots? I think the Dismal Swamp iz up that way too. I love that name.

regards
    bearridge

We are living in a world today when lemonade is made from artificial flavors and furniture polish is made from real lemons. Alfred E. Neuman

6. Deer Slayer

Deer Slayer Active Member

No winter shots yet..still a newbee with the digital stuff. However, come winter, I plan to add shots from the Enchanted Forest at the far end of the Park..