Moster Gar | Page 3 | SouthernPaddler.com

Moster Gar

Darrells

Oct 19, 2008
Lorena,Texas
I enjoy catching Gator Gar and always turn them loose after a few pctures. If someone wants to keep a trophy fish I don't have a problem with this. The only problem I have is people who catch them and throw them up on the bank to rot. Here are a couple of pics of one around 125# that was released unharmed.

Brazostrip078.jpg

Brazostrip085.jpg

Brazostrip086.jpg

Bilgerat

May 10, 2006
Texas!
www.bilgerat.net
Kayak Jack said:
I don't eat them, but would like to have a jet skier or two mounted and displayed........
I think I like that idea.

I like it a lot! 8)

What I like best is the ability for those of us here to discuss this in an adult manner. We all have our views and we respect each other enough to respect each other's views. 8) 8) 8) 8)

Mike

gbinga

Nov 7, 2008
Hoschton, GA
10-4 on the jet skis. Invasive species. Non-game. Should be open season.

I think a modified trot line would be just the stuff.

GBinGA

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
gbinga said:
I didn't know carp were an invasive species.
Friend George,

He aint talkin' bout our carp. He iz talkin' bout the Asian carp. Our communist tv station iz runnin' a show on the invasion of them terrible critters. They jump up outta the water, mostly when they hear a prop in the water. One of 'em hit Lance in the head that day we went out fer him ta check hiz ole Johnson (the motor) 'n fer me ta check out my 30 pound canoe. He had jest begun ta open up the throttle when the carp begun ta jump. A big one (10-15 pounds), hit him square in the head. It shook him up 'n Lance iz a big fella.

Lance sez it hurt him, but he worried what if he had that throttle WFO? What if one of his grandkids had got hit in the head? A few months later in Lake Chicot, Arkansaw (jest cross the river frum where Jimmy W lived fer a spell), this young fella wuz bein' pulled on a innertube behind a speedboat. One of the Asian carp jumped up, hit him in the face, broke hiz jaw 'n knocked him out cold. Lucky someone in the speedboat seen it 'n went back quick before he drowned.

The tv show jest sez they been tryin' hard ta keep the Asian carp outta Lake Michigan. Our fish been hurt bad by this fish. Soon nobody will be able ta ride in a speedboat without a football helmet.....kinda like that time Jack Nicholson took off on the back of a motorcikle with Dennis Hopper 'n the Fonda boy.

regards
bearridge

Reg: All right, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, a fresh water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?
Xerxes: Brought peace.

Jimmy W

May 1, 2006
north georgia, USA
The Common Carp (Cyprinus carpio) was introduced also.
Common carp are native to temperate portions of Europe and Asia. They were first introduced into North America in 1877. Since that time countless introductions both intentional and unintentional have allowed Cyprinus carpio to become one of the most widely distributed fish species in North America, ranging from central Canada to central Mexico, and from coast to coast.
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwild/wild/species/crp/

gbinga

Nov 7, 2008
Hoschton, GA
bearridge said:
Reg: All right, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, a fresh water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?
Xerxes: Brought peace.

OK - I'll just go ahead and highjack the thread for a minute. THAT was a funny movie.

GBinGA