My Father | SouthernPaddler.com

My Father

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
My Father is 92 years old and plum wore out. He has went downhill very fast over the last 2 weeks. My mother was surprised he made it through the night so he could go at any time. Please keep my family in your prayers.
Bob

mike

Jun 29, 2009
TEXAS!
Kayak Jack said:
Let him know you love him.
Yeah, be durn sure you do that while you still can. Lost my dad nearly 20 years ago.

Hope your dad makes it to 100 and then we can all congratulate him on that.

Mike

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
Thanks Guys,
Bless his heart, he's still holding on. Just dont know how long he can last. He is definately tuff. My sister ask him what he wanted for his 86 birthday and he said that he wanted to ride a horse again. My brother in law saddled up a horse and my Dad had a grand time. It almost got exiting because the young stud did not have a bit in his mouth but my dad kept controll of him. Made my Dads day.
Bob
002jpg.jpg

a Bald Cypress

May 7, 2007
Northwest Louisiana
Bob,
I never know just what to say at times like this. Lost my dad 12 years ago and the hurt never goes away, it just gets easier to live with.

From looking at the picture, it is plain to see that y'all made his 86th a great day for him

When the time finally does come, remember the man and his life. Not the end.

May God bless .

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
He was very comfortable with his life. He did want to ride a horse again for his 90th birthday but my sister talked him out of it. I'd a probally let him do it. But if anything would of happened I would of been Mr. Bad Guy for the rest of my life but Dad would of died happy. My sister did not want to give him a Masonic funeral but I put my foot down there. The Masons was a very big and important part of his life and he will have a Masonic funeral.
His heart is still strong so I do not know how much longer he can last. Toughest man I ever did run across. Thanks again for ya'lls concern.
Bob