My New Toy and Fun Getaway Item. | Page 8 | SouthernPaddler.com

My New Toy and Fun Getaway Item.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
1,000 Miles.................

June 8 , 2014 I got the bike.
6 months later ..........Nov 8 , 2014 I got the Sigma 12 12 STS , 12 function bike computer for it...... Speedometer , Odometer and 10 other functions.

I have no idea how many miles I put on the bike between June 8 , 2014 and November 8 , 2014 ( Last checkup at the bike shop we figured somewhere around 400 miles for the preventive maintenance service )

NOW..... on the Sigma 12 12 STS I have logged in 1,000 ( official ) miles from Nov 8 , 2014 to this 4th week of Sept 14 , 2015. :D

I get a ride in everyday and today it was really nice , felt like Fall out there and with the cool temps it made it really nice , even managed to sneak up one a Doe and then later on saw 4 more and a fawn grazing in a field. Had a wild turkey trying to hide behind a fence post but he was a lot wider then the post and easy to see , I keep the same speed and just eased by him as not to scare him.
Backtracking I rode along next to a retired couple on recumbent bikes for a short distance asking some questions , then I turned around and went on down the road. They were using the Trident Stowaway 2 bikes which are really nice recumbent bikes.

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Chuck
Sounds like you are doing good with your bike. That thousand miles is around a hundred a month.
I have been so busy I havent ridden much b ut I will :shock: .
Ron

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I have 400 or 500 more that was not counted since there was nothing to keep a record of the miles the bike traveled. Wish I would of put a bike computer on it when I got it off the show room floor. :evil:
The 8 to 10 mile days add up. :D

I put one on the fat tire bike before it went to far without one. Haven't checked it since it is dirt road and off road miles and only one day a week. viewtopic.php?f=16&t=10221
When it gets cooler it might be more days and even some back woods , out of the way , bike camping.