My upcoming trip | SouthernPaddler.com

My upcoming trip

islandpiper

After much planning and pain I have finally gotten the opportunity to have a new ( used ) cornea installed in my right eye. Getting to this point has been a journey, from here out it will be a trip.

Now, why, you ask would I put this information on a paddling forum? Well, it looks like many of us here are about out of warranty and perhaps by putting up this information as it proceeds will help another person get the help they need.

Grand Opening is scheduled for Oct. 19th. I'll keep you posted.

Cheers, Islandpiper

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Wishing you the best as you go thru this Piper. We're pull'n for you, were all in this together.......
Jimmy D.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Chuck, I think that Piper-san has stumbled onto something here. Maybe you could add to your line of hats n thongs n sech in your gift-type store:

SPARE PARTS FOR DECREPIT PADDLERS

10% Discount for Suthrin Piddler Members

All parts are low-mileage, one owner

30 day warranty

We make house calls, and work on the same bench where you make boats. Candle light and kerosene lanterns a specialty.
YOU CALL WE HAUL - NO PART TOO SMALL

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
When you get past 29 they start replacing parts, just like with a used car ... I guess that makes us classics. :wink:

Good luck on your Trip / Vacation, tell the attendants that you want some of the happy juice .... They have some GOOD STUFF.

Chuck.

islandpiper

Chuck, all I'm really asking for is good workmanship/sewing , and a new eye that sees things the right way, not like that little gal on CNN sees things. When I get the left one done, I'm going to request another RIGHT SIDE cornea, then there'll be no chance of misinterpretting facts and sitting anywhere Cynthia McKinney if I get elected to Congress.

Piper

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I want to see how it goes for you... If you will remember when we did a few Emails about this.
I told you that I am legally blind in my left eye but still have the peripheral vision in it.... It would be nice to have both of them working like they should.

My trouble is that is not the front part of the eye but the back of it where they did all of that lazier surgery... Guess I would need the whole thing and not just a part of it.

Darn , I would be something ... one hazel eye and one of some other color. I would be running with only 50% of the original issue, the other 50% would be a replacement headlight.

I sure am starting to feel like a used car......1943 vintage. I hope that was a good year. :roll:

Chuck.

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
My wife had her second eye done on the 19th of September. She now has 20/20 in both eyes, so I can't get away with anything. :shock: She has needed glasses since she was six. Now it's only reading glasses.

Bullhead

Mar 27, 2005
Indiana
My wife had here left eye done the morning of September 22 and she could read by 8:00 that same morning.... she had 20/200 vision and after she had 20/20. What a great thing huh?

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Piper-san, while I think yore a worthless ole coot, and I rag on you some, I do wish your surgeons to possess skill, cunning and daring - to you I wish luck. You're in my thoughts, you useless bugger.

May the Good Lord smile upon you - and your doctors.

islandpiper

Jack, I couldn't have said it better if I was saying about you. Yup, I'm a useless bugger.......support a family, pay all my taxes, run a couple of businesses, give money and food to the hungry, volunteer to help friends move, keep my nose clean, help old ladies across the street, .......I've heard you are equally useless........a couple more people like you and I and things would be better all the way around.

Thanks for the backhanded compliment.

I'm bumped back to the 26th of Oct now. More time to be useless till then!!

Piper

islandpiper

Off to see the Wizard, the wizard of corneas tomorrow AM, EARLY.

I'll be seeing the world with just one, less-than-perfect eye for a bit, then, get the cover off and hopefully be on the road to recovery with my dominant right eye.

Looking forward to a lot of wisecracks and eye-ball jokes from you guys to get me through this.

Cheers, Piper

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Good Luck Piper. No wise cracks, just wishing you God Speed and wishing everything goes well!

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Piper, We hope you can see us clearly after your short vacation.

I am not sure if that is the best thing to wish someone because we don't look that good. It will have to be your decision after you return home and see us clearly.

I can tell you this right now ... it is nice having one good eye because when I am with these rejects out camping I look at them with my bad eye .... It makes them look pretty good , real fuzzy and out of focus. I hever have had the nerve to look with my good eye...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good luck and God's speed on the recovery...... we will be pulling for you. :D

Chuck

islandpiper

Finally found somebody with a stranger sense of humor than that guy from 'way up north..

A fellow emailed me and suggested that while recuperating in the hospital I should have the vuluptious American nurses bring me peeled grapes. Everybody knows that after eye surgery I won't get to sit still in the hospital. The thought of peeled grapes isn't the most appealing either.....

Nothing after Midnight....guess there's time for a "wee drap" before then, probably Glen Confidence, a well-known, but seldom spoken-of single malt.

Cheers, Piper