New Boat Build | Page 3 | SouthernPaddler.com

New Boat Build

islandpiper

Man, that's a real pisser, when a man spends his whole working life doing what the thinks he should be doing and providing for his family and then finds out he should have been a custom chair maker....tsk tsk tsk

As for me, i'm still trying to figure out what the heck i should be when i grow up.

piper

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
Thanks guy's for the compliments. :)
Piper I,m too slow to make a profit building anything. Even at minimum wages per hour nobody could afford them. :lol:
My hat is off to the craftsmen that are skilled enough to build things (wooden boats, cabinets,violins, etc.) people want to buy.

beekeeper

woodman

Oct 31, 2010
Bates city Mo.
Bee ....can you picture a boat with those tumblehome sides extending down to the 4-6'' water line...seems like it woud help against wind....

sorta like this..

mommicked

Nov 18, 2006
Coastal NC
That is SWEET Beekeeper! It reminds me of the old 'gun punts' that were used to duck hunt with cannons. It looks like it would sail well too with the higher, tumblehome sides like that. Some of the Chesapeake Crab skiffs were built very much like that, maybe just a tad larger.

I still think it would be swell with a 12' 4 gauge laying down the center!! 8)

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
mommicked said:
That is SWEET Beekeeper! It reminds me of the old 'gun punts' that were used to duck hunt with cannons.
I still think it would be swell with a 12' 4 gauge laying down the center!! 8)

I need to pass this on to the new owner. Befor passing it along I repainted the boat, because I wanted it to look good for him. When he picked it up he said his son might camo paint it because he liked to duck hunt.
Oops, wrong color.
BoatRepair034.jpg

If he don't paint it, he may need a "punt gun", because It is a little bright for duck hunting. I should have asked.

beekeeper