New Dehydrator recipes? | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

New Dehydrator recipes?

sheena's dad

Oct 30, 2006
Moscow, Idaho
Heck I fill 'em and just throw 'em on the grill, in the oven, in a skillet....whatever mood I'm in. Always good whatever way they's done.

(I'm gettin hungry for 'em now, even. Wonder how they'd be stuffed with a crab/shrimp mix......)

Dad

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
After you stuff the jalapeno's, we roll them in fish fry breading and deep fry them...that's what we call poppers along the Masey-Dixie Line. Great right out of the fryer with a few shakes of Tabasco sauce and a few dozen cold beers...

Mamma stuffs bananna peppers with kraut and pickles them Chuck. I wanted to bring a jar to outhouse key but forgot them.

sheena's dad

Oct 30, 2006
Moscow, Idaho
T'ain't that the truth! One time I entered a jalapeno pepper eatin' contest. One of the contestants lost pretty early in and went to the bathroom. Havin' forgotten to wash his hands afore goin' we heerd some major screamin' 'n' cursin'. When I realized what had happened I laughed so hard I had to wipe my eyes.... forgootin' 'bout all that pepper juice on MY hands. :oops: :lol: :oops: :roll:

Now lemme git afore I git blamed fer hijackin'! :( :shock: Sorry, Chuck, my bad.... :oops:

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
oldyaker said:
Mamma stuffs bananna peppers with kraut and pickles them Chuck. I wanted to bring a jar to outhouse key but forgot them.

DAM... Oldyaker , those would of been GOOD..... I even had a Beef , Chicken and Pork mix with me we could of added the the center of them for some good snacking or eating.

Just stuff the Pork , Beef and Chicken mix in there ( a long time and trusted recipe enjoyed by millions of campers and paddlers , hunters and fisherman along with hikers ) then add some Louisiana hot sauce to pick things up and be in some Culinary heaven as far as chow goes.

Yep , with what your Mom puts in them then slide in a Vienna with a good shot of the hot sauce .... WOW... Some good eats.

Now we would of had to let Jack have his smoked oysters ( I never knew oysters smoked , guess the cancer killed them so he could eat them later before the decayed ) Because if he would of had the peppers then we would not of had any for our selves , besides I would hate to look up in a tree and see him doing his business so he would not cause any ground fires.
Or he might of been in the tree after .... No ...... I will not go there NASA Might check on here and find a new alternative rocket propellant.

That thought , makes me ... NOT.... want to look up at anything. Best if we just keep them for ourselves and not let any tender Bu%%s enjoy them.

Chuck.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Wannabe said:
Hey Dad,
The way I heard it, if you don't hijack you get kicked off here.
Bob

Damn Bob! Ya make me proud!!! You get an ATTABOY!!! Of course Piper may get a case of the red arse for stepping out of line!

True story.......When Pa was alive, he was a hot pepper nut. We grew maybe 6 kinds of peppers including habaneros. We would dry some and grind them in a small grinder. We decided to use Ma's meat grinder she used alot for grinding black walnuts and such for her baked goods. That grinder was bigger and faster. We thought we washed it out good and clean....Day of reckoning came when Ma made some nut rolls. :oops: She screamed at us, what did we do......than she screamed....."Now I have hot nuts!!!" :shock:
Well, Pa and I were biting the inside of our cheeks so hard they was ready to bleed! We finally made it far enough from the house to let out a belly laugh that most part of an hour! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ozark

Oct 23, 2007
Ozark Mo.
The Pears and apples turned out fine as for the oranges they are ok, but grapefruit I wasted my time on those. Anybody do that vacuum seal thing?

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
You know fellers are funny folks now if that had been yall and the shoe was on the other foot I bet your mom would have been rolling in the floor but is was smart to get out of range before you laughed. when mama an'y happy nobodys happy.
One day Sondra ( my better half) got on one of those tears like all them lady folks do at times I looked at her told here you know if a man got in my face talked to me like that most likely he be nursing a broke jaw. now why I put up with it from you scrawny little thing you are 120 lbs soaking wet I just can't figure.
Then I left before things got to wild .
Ron

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
tx river rat said:
Then I left before things got to wild .Ron

You are an intelligent feller Ron! I figure it's how we manage to stay married! :roll:

OZ...The more you do it, the better you get, try different berries when they are in season...good stuff!

sheena's dad

Oct 30, 2006
Moscow, Idaho
OK

This thread done gone and went from dehydratin' stuff to Poppers and other stuffed pepper delights to stories 'bout pepper other "uses" to when to best git outa th' o'lady's firin' range when she's had it wit' us..... Now who we talk about? :roll: :lol: :lol: :shock: :roll:

sheena's dad

Oct 30, 2006
Moscow, Idaho
OZ,

I was tempted to be bad there for a sec.

Anyway, this dehydrater you have, who made it. Been wanting to get a good one. Have a few recipes for making meals that can be re-hydrated when out camping and such, 'sides those that folks have posted on here, of course. Just don't know enough about them to make a decision on which to get.

Steve

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
'Ol boy here used to make blackberry wine, mulberry wine, dandelion wine, watermelon rind wine. None out of dehydrated berries.Never hears of strawberry, rasberry or blueberry wine. My Grandaughter loves berries, dried berries just about as much. Problem is, it takes a hellovalotta berries when you dehydrate them.