New Pirogue Plans Available | SouthernPaddler.com

New Pirogue Plans Available

JEM

http://www.jemwatercraft.com/proddetail ... ngPirogueT

Just got done with these. The plans are delivered via e-mail.

TPT.JPG

James7.JPG

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Hey Matt! I was going to start your other Touring Pirogue after the first of the year. How much more difficult and how much time time is added to the build on this pirogue VS. your original Touring Pirogue?

VTFogg

Jan 14, 2007
Rutland, Vermont
Oh man, I'm liking this boat Matt. Hey, cut it out - it's not getting any easier for me to pick out my next project!

Can you please tell me the height of the sides?

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
VTFogg said:
Can you please tell me the height of the sides?

Off'n Matt's site...Height at bow/mid/stern 13"/10"/12"

Me too VT.....I bought the plans for the other T-Pirogue....but I'm gonna get these and probably build it.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
OK...I'm looking over the plans and will scrounge wood later this week. How thick of a plywood should I make the frames from???
I'll be using 1/4" Luan for the boat itself.

sheena's dad

Oct 30, 2006
Moscow, Idaho
Went looking for some ply this morning so I could get a start on mine. Nothing that looked any good. Looks like I'll be heading to Houston the first chance I get on a week day to chase me down some okoume. But, like 'Yak, make the form frames outa 1/4" or what for best results... Jimmy W and Mick, your advice?

Steve

Jimmy W

May 1, 2006
north georgia, USA
I just used some old 1/2 inch OSB that I had laying around for the temp frames. BTW I never did wire the tumblehome panels to the frames, only the lower side panels. I did cut out the frames from the 3/16 ply that I used for the rest of the boat and then used them as patterns for the OSB.

JEM

Jimmy W said:
I just used some old 1/2 inch OSB that I had laying around for the temp frames. BTW I never did wire the tumblehome panels to the frames, only the lower side panels. I did cut out the frames from the 3/16 ply that I used for the rest of the boat and then used them as patterns for the OSB.

That works too! :D

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Dad,

When I built Robin's P5, (very similar boat) I only had 1/8" ply for the boat and the temp frames and that is what I used.

Heavier would be better, but you can get away with the light stuff too.

Matt, Clearly, this one is another winner. Congratulations mate. :D 8)