new pirogue | Page 6 | SouthernPaddler.com

new pirogue

john the pom

Jul 30, 2007
Queensland
Jack said :Seed, keep that fan away from Chuckie. He'll figure a way to mount it on his most recent boat." Itsa good job these posts never get misunderstood.
P.s. If it did and he had, he'd only do it once

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
I figger eight folks come back a thousand times....'er mebbe a hunerd folks come back eighty times? Mebbe eight hunerd folks come back ten times? That iz a heap a naughts. 8)

regards
bearridge

Lorie: Ya want yer rifle.
Gus: No, I shot me many a fancy bandit with just my pistol.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
seedtick said:
Not sure we're capable of deep thoughts anyway.
Well, dang. Next time there iz a special at the Bodine School, I'll let ya'll know. Sometimes ya kin git two 'er three sheepskins fer $29.95 each.....once I got some ginsu steak knives 'n a pichur of Ron Popiel too (signed "all my best, Ron"). I seen ya'll already have some good, white boots. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :roll: :mrgreen: :lol:

regards
bearridge

There was the person who sent ten different puns to his friends, with the hope that at least one of the puns would make them laugh. No pun in ten did. Unknown

seedtick

Jul 22, 2006
Denham Springs, LA
Friend Keith and i are in need of some higher education, I sure hope Bodine can provide. The highest we've been so far on the second floor of the elementary school back in 1950, everything else was on the ground floor.

Had a friend of mine become a reverend and for a few dollars more could've become a bishop. Maybe we ought to get a tent and a few folding chairs............Friend Keith can really tell you about sinning. He says sinning if fun, if it weren't so much fun, there wouldn't be so many folks out there trying it out.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
seedtick said:
He says sinning if fun, if it weren't so much fun, there wouldn't be so many folks out there trying it out.
I aint done any yet, but I been accused. One time I went ta the Fat Tuesday. We stayed with this gal in Metarie. We wuz......opps.....Miz Bear sez "enuff bout the nurse/gymnasts".

So Keith iz a reverend. I give that a try fer near bout a year. I liked the robes. If they had a little pardner swingin' incense, I mite have stuck with it. Not payin' taxes puts a smile on my face. I hate throwin' good money after bad.

regards
bearridge

The sun don't shine on the same dog's ass everyday. unknown

seedtick

Jul 22, 2006
Denham Springs, LA
everybody's got a mardi gras story or two..........

'bout the only one i can remember that i can tell is that i was down there and only had enough money for beer or food. So we bought the beer and went to the Roosevelt hotel and walked up and down the halls and ate the leftovers from room service. Course that was in the days when nobody had any diseases that could pass on to you from eating. Anyway we were doing good until the hotel management caught us and got plumb irate and wanted to call the cops. As you know, you don't ever mess with the cops or their horses in the Big Easy so we went out peacefully

There's another one about eating raw oysters but i can't tell it here, maybe if you ever make a road trip you can remind me to tell it.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
seedtick said:
everybody's got a mardi gras story or two..........'bout the only one i can remember that i can tell is that i was down there and only had enough money for beer or food.
Been there 'n done that too....fer the same reason. At Bodine College I went round the dorms where they had cold drink machines, gathered up all the Coke bottles 'n took 'em back fer $.02 each. Next stop.....Dago Red. :wink:

I know plenty of folks who wuz dealt a bad card after they messed with the Big Sleazy cops. Funny how ya gotta pay so many folks when ya git in truble down there. Even the cab drivers git in on it.

I recall bein' down there once when it snowed. Folks sez it wuz the first time in 25 years. Coach Wookie opened our door 'n chunked a snowball ta wake us up. There wuz some fine places ta eat cheap 'n Dixie beer didnt taste too bad back then. Such a shame...... :cry: :cry: :cry:

regards
bearridge

Will Munny: Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.
The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess he had it comin'.
Will Munny: We all got it comin', kid.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
seedtick said:
He says sinning if fun, if it weren't so much fun, there wouldn't be so many folks out there trying it out.
I hear folks say that something "hurt like sin!" Frankly, all the sin I was ever involved in felt damned good. Anyway, I think sin is just another a man-made invention.