New Smoker | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

New Smoker

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Here is my baby OZ......

After remembering this Memorial Day morning, she is pressed into action with ribs....baby backs and country....

Gang will be here around 1700.....a shot of baby backs. Menu to include corn, collards, potato salad, beans.....OH!!!! Chocolate cake for dessert.....

Ozark

Oct 23, 2007
Ozark Mo.
Heres some of the makins this weekend.

An Itailian fatty
IMG_0343.jpg

IMG_0342-1.jpg

The ribs

IMG_0341.jpg

the ham and pine apple roll ups

IMG_0340.jpg

Sorry none of the finished product just this one of a stuffed pork loin

IMG_0345.jpg

Paul

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Bone in tenderloin....amen. 3" thick. Opps....I jest drooled on my MacKeyboard. That horseradish, dill 'n mayo sauce mite be jest az good on a thick porkchop.....'n I hear it makes the ragheads pee in their turbans. :mrgreen:

regards
bearridge

Say what you will about the Ten Commandments, you must always come back to the pleasant fact that there are only ten of them. H. L. Mencken

islandpiper

After a tough day of negotiations, Moses made his way back down the mountain.

All the people gathered around and said, "Moses, how are things going in your talks with the Lord God?"

And Moses, taking a deep breath, said, " Ive got some good news and I've got some bad news. The good news is that I've got Him down to just ten items. The bad news is that the item dealing with COVETING THY NEIGHBOR'S WIFE is still in there."

Sorry Oz.......it had to be said.

piper

Ozark

Oct 23, 2007
Ozark Mo.
Here's a look at todays smoke
Ribs have been in for 3 hrs. time to wrap them in foil

ribs.jpg

Now the steak bites go in

steakbites.jpg

then the stuffed peppers

abts.jpg

Paul

islandpiper

Oz, how about if I save the virtually priceless shavings from a 500 year old maple back-block and send them up to you. You could either assemble them into a perfectly good maple block with a space in the inside shaped like a violin........or, you could use them in your new smoker (and send me some of those steak-bites)

The ribs and brisket at the Rendezvous '08 were smoked over Cello Shavings.

I knew another violinmaker who saved his shavings for a neighbor kid who used them in the Hamster cage. I don't think he ever smoked the hamsters. Probably knew it wouldn't go around. Hamsters come in six-packs now for just that reason.

Here in Louisiana we have NUTRIA , basically just a big Guinea Pig. Lots of people here eat them, but usually they are stewed (the nutria, not the diners).

Piper