New style hardtop | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

New style hardtop

Oyster

Dec 5, 2008
OBX North Carolina
Well Seetick can't have all the fun with all his bare woods. I am slowly wallowing along three inches at a time. This is the interior, all white cedar simulated bead board.

Oyster

Dec 5, 2008
OBX North Carolina
Well that would be one bang up of an idea ans for sure you are more than welcomed to wonder up this part of the world. The only problem I see is that there ain't nuff mud around this joint for you guys, only sandbars to party on which I am sure would be a culture shock. :p

But in all seriousness, if I can make some progresss to get the dang thing in the water before the end of the summer, I think that there is some sorta show down your ways this fall and I have an excuse and mamma has given her preapproval to visit that region of the world . :)

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
Seedtick,
If you and Keith can, you might go on up there and visit. They have some pretty good paddling creeks up there. My friend that lives over in Mill Creek says they have some Nutra Rat up there now. Alligators there will most likely start mutlipling now. Think of how hard you could party with some hard sand to dance on. :D
Bob
Only 15 corrections on tihis post.
3 on that sentence. Gettin good.

Oyster

Dec 5, 2008
OBX North Carolina
Well I am closing in on the hull. The foward section is also lined with cedar too. The cockpit will have plenty of protection for my grandkids and seaworthy with splashboards which will deflect water too down the rails. I have all the interior completed but still needs cosmetics and will add those shots in another post.

Oyster

Dec 5, 2008
OBX North Carolina
The dinette converts to the passenger seating, flipping over with a special locking support from the bottom for it. This feature also makes it nicer inside when I want the interior to be as open as possible, folding things away.

Under the walkaround covering boards, storage gallore with components that fold up for easy access for the old folks. The table has its own zero clearance fold up which allows the underside to be free from all obstructions when a person or two sits down for some banter or food.

Oyster

Dec 5, 2008
OBX North Carolina
On the starboard side, more storage under the interior helm seating. The galley area also converts into a love seat size for two other people to sit and chat in desired inside and has enough length for small kids to sleep overnight if desired. I lined the interior which doubles as support with cedar too.

Oyster

Dec 5, 2008
OBX North Carolina
Kayak Jack said:
Maybe he'll invite us on a cruise? Not the maiden voyage, for sure, that would be for his friends n such. Us raggle taggle guys will come in last, "You betchum, Red Ryder. "
LOL! Thanks guys, but I don't got friends. Friends are the ones that have a boat and you can either use theirs or go with them and buy the gas you know. :wink: :lol: So as Mr. Rogers use to say, wanta be my neighbor? and iffin you wanta take a boat ride anytime just let me know.

Oyster

Dec 5, 2008
OBX North Carolina
Well since things are a bit sluggish lately around here I will provide an update. My cabin and external parts are ready for the finish work . The nice walkaround decks worked out to be better than expected and has room for a bulwalk and cap foward which also will double as a bow rail without all the height normally needed. The trunk will allow for anyone wanting to ride or sit foward for a spell to do so with plenty of leg room.