Clicky

New toy and first blood.

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
My shoulder has been bothering me,and I havent been able to practice with my bow . I bought this a week or so ago sighted it in and went hunting this past weekend. Christmas dinner is here

shot this Sunday morning at 30 yards.
The crossbow is a Barnett ghost 360 ,dam it is acurate and fast.
Ron

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Ron........
Was thinking of you this morning. Took a bike ride down one of the back roads around here and saw a nice assortment of wildlife.
The main one I came up on was a small flock of Tom's ( counted 7 ) and a couple of them were BIG BOYS. I would rate them around 16 to 19 pounds dressed out. They were feeding and I guess it was a good buffet for them since there were three Does at the woods line , also feeding.
A nice 60 degree , clear , morning got everything up and out early , even me. :lol:

Chuck..........

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Mick
This crossbow is advertised at 360 ft a second with a 450 grain arrow. It is quick. What empresses me the most is the accuracy . at 40 yards it is no problem to shoot under an inch group with it.
I am not sure of the effective range yet . I hope to do a lot of long range playing with it.
Ron

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I have been eye balling the Barnett Raptor but haven't gotten one ...YET. :roll:
If it looks like they are going to try to grab the firearms then you can bet I will have one of the Raptors here with at lease a dozen ( Maybe more ) bolts for it.
Already have one of the little self cocking , 80 pound , crossbow pistols here with three packs of bolts for it , just to play with in the back yard. It would make a good small game hunting item , Rabbits , Tree Rats and Ground birds , Doves , Quail Ect but right now it is the paper targets that take a beating.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
tx river rat said:
Chuck
The day they start taking our guns I think it will be a full scale rebellion. I would hate to see it come to that.
Ron
It would be the dumbest thing they ever would try. There is a LARGE Standing Army in these states with the weapons owned by individuals. Take the Hunters , Combat ( competitive ) shooters , weekend plinkers , target shooters , home owners with a handgun in a drawer , Shooting club members , Law Enforcement , Reenactment folks ( any war ) , Black Powder shooters , NOW toss in all the criminals with illegal weapons and any of the folks I missed.
My bet is there are a lot more gun owners then non gun owners.

Just for fun toss in all of the people only interested in Archery......... :roll: