New toy and first blood. | SouthernPaddler.com

New toy and first blood.

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
My shoulder has been bothering me,and I havent been able to practice with my bow . I bought this a week or so ago sighted it in and went hunting this past weekend. Christmas dinner is here

shot this Sunday morning at 30 yards.
The crossbow is a Barnett ghost 360 ,dam it is acurate and fast.
Ron

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
Just think. If Ben Franklin had been successful in making the Turkey our National bird no body would be able to lawfully shoot one. Glad Ben lost that fight. Go get some more Ron.
Bob

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Ron........
Was thinking of you this morning. Took a bike ride down one of the back roads around here and saw a nice assortment of wildlife.
The main one I came up on was a small flock of Tom's ( counted 7 ) and a couple of them were BIG BOYS. I would rate them around 16 to 19 pounds dressed out. They were feeding and I guess it was a good buffet for them since there were three Does at the woods line , also feeding.
A nice 60 degree , clear , morning got everything up and out early , even me. :lol:

Chuck..........

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Mick
This crossbow is advertised at 360 ft a second with a 450 grain arrow. It is quick. What empresses me the most is the accuracy . at 40 yards it is no problem to shoot under an inch group with it.
I am not sure of the effective range yet . I hope to do a lot of long range playing with it.
Ron

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I have been eye balling the Barnett Raptor but haven't gotten one ...YET. :roll:
If it looks like they are going to try to grab the firearms then you can bet I will have one of the Raptors here with at lease a dozen ( Maybe more ) bolts for it.
Already have one of the little self cocking , 80 pound , crossbow pistols here with three packs of bolts for it , just to play with in the back yard. It would make a good small game hunting item , Rabbits , Tree Rats and Ground birds , Doves , Quail Ect but right now it is the paper targets that take a beating.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
tx river rat said:
Chuck
The day they start taking our guns I think it will be a full scale rebellion. I would hate to see it come to that.
Ron

It would be the dumbest thing they ever would try. There is a LARGE Standing Army in these states with the weapons owned by individuals. Take the Hunters , Combat ( competitive ) shooters , weekend plinkers , target shooters , home owners with a handgun in a drawer , Shooting club members , Law Enforcement , Reenactment folks ( any war ) , Black Powder shooters , NOW toss in all the criminals with illegal weapons and any of the folks I missed.
My bet is there are a lot more gun owners then non gun owners.

Just for fun toss in all of the people only interested in Archery......... :roll: