Ozark Mo.
10e59fae.jpg

cc4f39f6.jpg

aa68a2bd.jpg

Elbow to elbow wonder how the fish ever make it though the day

Ozark

Oct 23, 2007
Ozark Mo.
Each year, the Roaring River State Park Hatchery produces more than 212,000 pounds of fish to stock the 1.7 miles of stream that wind through the tag area of the trout park.

“The bulk of the fish, around 270,000, are stocked in the tag area, but around 6,000 trout are also stocked in the remaining three miles of stream inside the park and the four and a half miles between the park and Eagle Rock,â€

tw541

Feb 18, 2008
Mountain Home, Arkansas
I see the same thing on Friday mornings on the Colorado river at Willow Beach below Hoover Dam. There is a federal hatchery there and they stock on Fridays. The people come from Las Vegas and elsewhere to catch these little fish. They really think they have accomplished something to catch a couple. That's definitely not my kind of fishing. The big stripers eat more of them than the people catch. Someone caught a 50 lb striper there last week and weighed it at the store. That would be fun to hook while fishing from a pirogue. The most popular striper lure in that river is a rainbow trout imitation. That hatchery raises pretty expensive striper food.

Ozark

Oct 23, 2007
Ozark Mo.
Don't get me wrong I fish and do eat them. I play by the rules if a fish is under or over sized I do my best to release them unharmed. I think in the past here that over harvesting of native fish made room for today's hatcheries. Creating this overpopulation in rivers is only good for publications. I am a big fan of Small Mouth Bass cold water fish can you imagine the competition for them with introduced fish.

funbun

Sep 11, 2007
Alabama
I think I'll stick to largemouth bass and blue gill crappie and catfish. The Black Warrior River is about 400 yards from my apartment. I can roll down there. I can't wait to finish my pirogue.

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
I'll bet most of en have their name brand Hats,vest,waders, ect. on. Kinda like the folks that just go to church on Easter Sunday so every body else can see they have on new cloths too. Mick did it pretty good when he said "I don't play well in crowds".
Bob

funbun

Sep 11, 2007
Alabama
This is some kind of joke right? I mean people don't actually stand that close and go fly fishing? If so, the state of humanity is worse than I thought :cry:

Ozark

Oct 23, 2007
Ozark Mo.
Those pictures are not a joke. every year on the opening morning of trout season they gather at the trout parks. they all stand at the bank waiting for the horn to sound and then wade into the water casting at the same time.

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
I still find the idea of a fishing season kind of strange. I guess I'm just spoiled with Louisiana regulations. You can fish for any fish, anytime , anywhere----just how it should be.

Joey