Clicky

Not an Uncle John Pirogue Seat

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
My Dad loved little "Jenny wrens". He used a dime to gauge the size of the entry hole.

About 12-14 years ago, I made some wren houses, and helped my granddaughter hang them up. A woodpecker adopted one, and remodeled the hole to something bigger than a quarter.

We always had gold finches (wild canaries) and black-cap chickadees here, but haven't seen any in a couple of years.

Last edited:

mike

Jun 29, 2009
TEXAS!
Durn little House Wrens nest all over the place here. I have some old Mason jars in the tractor shed they like a lot. Last year, one of them decided to nest on top of the tractor engine. Any strange place you'd never think to look for a bird just might have a House Wren at my place. I like 'em though, don't mess with them.

Mike

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
Good looking bird houses Mr. Bee, are the hanging ones, for House Wrens? We keep a couple of bird houses for them close to our house. Love to hear those little birds sing. Dave.
The two with the entrance rests (pegs) have smaller holes to discourage birds larger than wrens from using them. The wrens at my house think upturned pirogues are put there for them. I guess one day I will have to hang some boxes and see if that would divert their attention. These birdhouses and benches went to other homes.

beekeeper

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
Making the grandson a table for his key board and gaming controls. The legs are actually book cases he can use to store the games. The top will unbuckle from the legs to disassemble it, when needed. Still need to finish the top and install the hardware. A fun project and should work better than the two TV trays he is using now.
IMG_4365.JPG

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
Xerox copies are about $.10 each. That's about all I would bring, if anything.:)
I'm going to coat it with "Table Top" self leveling epoxy. Hope it turns out ok. I have never used it befor.