Ogeechee River Boat | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

Ogeechee River Boat

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Joey, I've given up on Private Messages here. They weren't very easy before on the previous software, and seem more convoluted now. Not really very private, nor really very noticeable that one is there waiting. Maybe he can figure other ways of setting it up? I just use email.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
When Robin set this up I did not ask about private messages.
He volunteered to transfer everything from the other server to this and to set this up. After several weeks when he was done he asked me if he had forgotten anything and I told him everything was OK.
He has already done so much for us and all of it works. :)

Something you did not know and I will not go into great detail since it did not happen.
If Robin would not of stepped in and done all of this for us this forum would of become a memory on 05-20-2017.

YEP , we were that close to become a memory and having all of it ( EVERYTHING ) slip into the world wide webs graveyard.

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
Chuck thanks for saving the site. Was not complaining. If there is a way to use private conversations it would be handy and add to the site. I email some members but others I don't have their personal address. The "conversations" page says it is for contacting members privately but I don't see how. If it can't be done so be it. If it can I would use it.

beekeeper

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
We made another trip and grandson let me catch some this time.:)

All was well because I caught more, but then he reminded me his fish was larger.:(

beekeeper

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
Bee, do y'all ever catch SMALL ones?! Mighty chunky fish. I'd say that boat is working pretty good.

"Small" ones, Yes. Sometimes none at all. Fished all my life around and in the area where you live and the fishing can be fantastic, but I am amazed at the quality of the fish in the area around Lake Bistineau. I truly belive fishing from the paddleing boats is an advantage. May not can go 10 miles from the landing but can fish places others can't/don't. Plus they are very stealthy.
The Ogee is working geat for us. It has allowed my Grandson to fish and not be destracted by having to paddle his own boat. He helps out with a single paddle when we need to strike out or windy conditions make it hard on Pawpaw.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Joey....

Yep , Bee does catch some nice ones but I did notice one thing about his pictures. His arm is extended ( horizontal ) towards the camera which moves the Bass closer to the camera and away from him. That trick makes the fish increase in size , enlarging it in the picture. The true sign of a real fisherman displaying his catch. :rolleyes:

The grandson is catching nice Bass but has not learned the tricks of a real fisherman , his arm is not extended towards the camera but vertical.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Maybe, ole JD just snatched one of those Billy Basses off the plaque, keeps it in the bottom of his boat, and only holds it up when cameras are near? He's a sly, old fox. And, all of his "fish" look eerily alike. ;-)