Patients Responses to Doctors | SouthernPaddler.com

Patients Responses to Doctors

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Don't know how true....but WOW how funny it is.....I can see this happening! With the end times around the corner and the black plague looming we can all use a laugh.

Patients Responses to Doctors......
1. A man comes into the ER and yells "My wife's going to have her baby in the cab."
I grabbed my stuff, rushed out to the cab, lifted the lady's dress and began to take off her underwear.
Suddenly I noticed that there were several cabs - - - and I was in the wrong one!

Submitted by Dr. Mark MacDonald, San Francisco

2. At the beginning of my shift I placed a stethoscope on an elderly and slightly deaf female patient's anterior chest wall. "Big breaths," .... I instructed.
"Yes, they used to be," replied the patient.

Submitted by Dr. Richard Byrnes,
Seattle, WA

3. One day I had to be the bearer of bad news when I told a wife that her husband had died of a massive myocardial infarction. Not more than five minutes later, I heard her reporting to the rest of the family that he had died of a "massive internal fart."

Submitted by Dr. Susan Steinberg

4. During a patient's two week follow-up appointment with his cardiologist, he informed me, his doctor, that he was having trouble with one of his medications. "Which one?", I asked.
"The patch," he replied. "The Nurse told me to put on a new one every six hours and now I'm running out of places to put it!"
I had him quickly undress and discovered what I hoped I wouldn't see. Yes, the man had over fifty patches on his body!
Now, the instructions include removal of the old patch before applying a new one!

Submitted by Dr. Rebecca St. Clair, Norfolk, VA

5. While acquainting myself with a new elderly patient, I asked, "How long have you been bedridden?
After a look of complete confusion she answered, "Why, not for about twenty years - when my husband was alive."

Submitted by Dr. Steven Swanson, Corvallis, OR

6. I was performing rounds at the hospital one morning and while checking up on a man I asked, "So how's your breakfast this morning?"
"It's very good except for the Kentucky Jelly. I can't seem to get used to the taste", Bob replied.
I then asked to see the jelly and Bob produced a foil packet labeled "KY Jelly."
Submitted by Dr. Leonard Kransdorf, Detroit

7. A nurse was on duty in the Emergency Room when a young woman with purple hair styled into a punk rocker Mohawk, sporting a variety of tattoos, and wearing strange clothing, entered.
It was quickly determined that the patient had acute appendicitis, so she was scheduled for immediate surgery. When she was completely disrobed on the operating table, the staff noticed that her pubic hair had been dyed green and above it there was a tattoo that read . . . "Keep off the grass."
Once the surgery was completed, the surgeon wrote a short note on the patient's dressing, which said "Sorry, had to mow the lawn."

Submitted by RN no name

AND FINALLY!!

8. As a new, young MD doing his residency in OB. I was quite embarrassed when performing female pelvic exams. To cover my embarrassment I had unconsciously formed a habit of whistling softly.
The middle-aged lady upon whom I was performing this exam suddenly burst out laughing and further embarrassing me.
I looked up from my work and sheepishly said "I'm sorry. Was I tickling you?"
She replied with tears running down her cheeks from laughing so hard. "No doctor, but the song you were whistling was "I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Wiener."

Dr. wouldn't submit his name!

Steve

Jimmy, where the hell did you get these things. . . I was reading them off to Susie and could bearly get the punch lines on the last two out. . . They're great. . . and Susie says you must not be right in the head, she was laughing so hard. . . Of course not, I told her. . . He keeps wanting me to loan him and Bob my truck. . . She's off to bed now trying to figure out why either of you would wanna come to Idaho to borrow a truck. . . :lol:

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
Jimmy,
I read those to Mrs. B and she thourghly enjoyed the, She didn't think any thing about you not being right in the head. She already knows that to be a fact. Susie will learn that also. :lol: :lol:
Steve
Tell Susie Jimmy may not be quite right in the head, but the man has some jam up good recipies.
Bob

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
I wish you guys wouldn't pick on my buddy, Yakus Depressedicus. The poor, olde Eye-tal-yun gentleman can't help his decayed, debilitated mental state of mental debilitation and decay. In fact, this is the best he's been in three years that I know of. He's now more normal than average.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Y'all think about this......Yer right as rain....I'm titched in the head........and your all reading what I put down! :lol:

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
You fellows judge both yourselves, and Yakus Agedicus, rather harshly, I believe. Jimmie has improved over the last few months. His bed wetting has subsided to only on nights when his teddy bear falls out of bed, and cannot be found readily. His fits of pouting are also lessening.

As for the bouts of eye rolling, snot blowing, and nose picking - well, ..... there's always hope. So, please show him both kindness and consideration. Maybe the little b@$t@rd will improve?

Lovingly,
Kayak Jack
Doing what you like is FREEDOM
Liking what you do is HAPPINESS
I spent most of my money on whiskey and women, and I'm afraid I just wasted the rest

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Thanks Steve! I bless ya a thousand time over! Jack is just jealous he ain't figgered the secret to good Dago Red.....It's outta da box stupid! :mrgreen:

Yep Steve....It's true....I got sum drain bammage.... :( BUT!!! It ain't enough to vote democrat just yet! :lol: :lol: :lol:

God Bless y'all!!! :lol: :wink: :wink:

dawallace45

Well I think I've got a good Doctor story , some 8 or so years ago I was getting my prostate checked by my doctor who happened to be a pretty blond lady of about 35 , now as well as being my doctor I knew her socially and she was a customer of mine ,

Well laying on your side with no pants on and your knees pulled up to your chest with a pretty blonde's finger in your ring gear may be some ones idea of a good time but to me it was extremely embarrassing , so of course I work on the idea that if I'm embarrassed then I just make a joke of it , so I said " does this count as fore play " well she just cracked up , after she had regained her composure she started again , so there she is searching around like she's lost her car keys and I said " you know I don't think I've ever consciously thought I'd find my self in a situation like this but I think if I did I would have expected there to be kissing first " , well she just totally lost it , she was laughing so much there were tears running down her cheeks , now I don't know if any of you have ever noticed how some women when they laugh out loud put their hands up to cover their mouth , well I cured my doctor of it that day , so after she had changed her gloves and washed her face she said to me " please David , no more , you being a friend makes this just as hard for me as it does for you so if you can keep your mouth shut until I finish this it will be better for both of us " , well I did and we got it finished and as I was walking out her office she just broke down laughing again .

David

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Good thing she stared down there and not at the other end. :lol:

The ole family doctor ( the Chief of Surgery at the main hospital here in Orlando and a family friend ) came in to do a hemorrhoid slice and tuck on me in the operating room while they had my butt shoved up three miles in the air or so it felt like it.

In his hands was one of those old , off angle , hand operated , wood drills with a wood bite that seedtick and Keith would love to have for there boats. Dr. Pete ( Bless his soul ) just looked at me and said ... Butch we will cure everything really quick , three turns should do it , as he rotated the hand section of it making the bit turn.

I guess he nodded to the happy juice person or had it set up on that cue because before I could answer it was lights out for me. I do have to say , he did a really good job. :lol:

We had a lot of good years later with duck hunting and fishing all over the state. :D

Chuck.