1. The forums software has been upgraded and we are still sorting out its quirks.
    Please relay any problems you encounter. Thanks for your patience!
    Dismiss Notice

Preventive and Corrective

Discussion in 'Home Medical Remedies or Medical Emergencys to loo' started by Kayak Jack, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Kayak Jack

Kayak Jack Well-Known Member

When camping, it is easy to just drink the local water. It is also a fool thing to do. Prevention is cheaper than correcting - a stitch in time saves nine.

There are water filters on the market. They do a good, but only partial, job. I use a water purifier that both filters and purifies. The one I chose to trust my Life to is: First Need® Deluxe Direct Connect™ Purification Device Price: $69.97 Campmor item# 81249. Much easier than getting so sick that you spray from top and bottom. It's only critical.

I've read that about 90% of all injuries out camping are cuts and burns. So far, I have healed up very quickly and with little trouble if I use Neosporin on the wound. Get the one that is Maximum strength, and with pain reliever. IT WORKS.

2. hairymick

hairymick Well-Known Member

If you don't have the medication or drugs on hand, pure honey is also a very good for preventing infection in open wounds and assisting the flesh to heal.

3. Kayak Jack

Kayak Jack Well-Known Member

I've read that, Mick. then, I wondered two things.

(1) How do I contain the honey and keep it from getting all over me and everything?

(2) Would the bears that came to lick it off want more?

4. hairymick

hairymick Well-Known Member

under a bandage mate. I have used this in the bush and it works a treat. Clean the wound, apply the honey and wrap in a Bandage so that the bandage tends to close the wound. robin just told me jam also works well but I have never tried it.

Only bears we have are drop bears. :lol: