Preventive and Corrective | SouthernPaddler.com

Preventive and Corrective

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
When camping, it is easy to just drink the local water. It is also a fool thing to do. Prevention is cheaper than correcting - a stitch in time saves nine.

There are water filters on the market. They do a good, but only partial, job. I use a water purifier that both filters and purifies. The one I chose to trust my Life to is: First Need® Deluxe Direct Connect™ Purification Device Price: $69.97 Campmor item# 81249. Much easier than getting so sick that you spray from top and bottom. It's only critical.

I've read that about 90% of all injuries out camping are cuts and burns. So far, I have healed up very quickly and with little trouble if I use Neosporin on the wound. Get the one that is Maximum strength, and with pain reliever. IT WORKS.

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
(1) How do I contain the honey and keep it from getting all over me and everything

under a bandage mate. I have used this in the bush and it works a treat. Clean the wound, apply the honey and wrap in a Bandage so that the bandage tends to close the wound. robin just told me jam also works well but I have never tried it.

(2) Would the bears that came to lick it off want more?

Only bears we have are drop bears. :lol: