Pumpkin Dump Cake for 12" Dutch Oven | SouthernPaddler.com

Pumpkin Dump Cake for 12" Dutch Oven

Jean

I know some of you like to use the Dutch Oven, so here is a good recipe in time for Halloween and Thanksgiving.
Jean :p

Pumpkin Dump Cake for 12" Dutch Oven

FILLING
1- 29oz can Pumpkin
1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 C. dark brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp. Vanilla

TOPPING
1 pkg yellow cake mix
1C chopped pecans
1/2C butter(1 stick melted)
mix all filling ingredients & pour into a 12" greesed DO. cut butter
into cake mix with pastry blender or fork,sprinkle mixture over
filling, then mix nuts in. Sprinkle over filling mix. cook for about
1 hour. 15 coals on top & 9 underneath

A

Anonymous

Directions Correction for Pumpkin Dump Cake

Hi all, here is a correction for the directions on the Pumpkin Dump Cake. Sorry about that: :oops:

Mix all filling ingredients & pour into a 12" greased DO.
Mix nuts and cake mix and sprinkle over filling. Melt butter and pour over all. Cook for about 1 hour. 15 coals on top & 9 underneath

Note: If you ever want to cook something like this and don't want to scrub your cast iron after, use an oven roasting bag in your dutch oven. :wink:

Jean

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Re: Directions Correction for Pumpkin Dump Cake

Anonymous said:
(SNIP) Note: If you ever want to cook something like this and don't want to scrub your cast iron after, use an oven roasting bag in your dutch oven. :wink: Jean
..... maybe if I wore an oven bag camping, I wouldn't have to take a bath. One bag oughta last a week or three, ehh?

I could pull it over my head at night and hold in all the snores. WOW imagine the sound and smell when I open THAT bag!!

Difference between a cocktail lounge and an elephant fart. One is a bar room, and the other is a BARROOM!

Swampy

Aug 25, 2003
Southeastern North Carolina
Jack, the implication I gitz frum yer reference o' one week iz that yer bag iz only gettin one use per turn... I mean, we 'uns git more than 4-5 uses... thatz over a month an' a half!
Now pictur'in a plastic bag over yer head haz me of a mind to think 'bout safe sex.... ( can I say that here Chuck?) in which case those wrens up thar shall find hit impossible to penitrate th' likes thar of. Those claims of yer'in about those birds putz to mind th' thangs we hare in th' south haz to go through wit skeeters. They iz so big ya kin stand flat footed an' write on thar backs... ( I'm a keepin this rated "G" sheriff)... :roll:
But friend Jack one day ya'll shall see fer yerself th' troubles we git down hare wit th' bugz an' such.
swampy