Redneck Surfing! | SouthernPaddler.com

Redneck Surfing!

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Yep!

When he started to open the door, did you hear him say,
"Hey Y'all, watch this!"
Signal to start the camera rolling and call the EMT's.

A

Anonymous

Friend oldyaker,

Here at home it jest takes too dang long ta make that web spot come up, but yer sho rite bout that "rebel" yell. That wuz what Gen. Picketts' boys yelled out when they headed up ta the Little Round Top.

I growd up in a swamp, rite next ta the levee. Ever 2-3 years it would come a snow 'n we'd head ta the slope. It wuz all kinda sleds.....plastic circles, ole time wood sleds, small ones, big ones, cardboard, bisqueen, kayaks....yep, it wuz one fella who tore up a kayak....., but my brother 'n two pals went down on a '57 Chevy hood. Ole Lewis Gizzard woulda been mitey proud.

Down ta the bottom, it wuz trees 'n bob wire ta dodge.

We figgered we kin have us a logue team jest like the Jamakans mon. We trained hard....jest like the Jamakans. [We sez "mon" a heap.]

Anuther brother who lived rite up next ta the levee, would make a 5 gallon pot a chili. We'd sled, sip some nectar, eat some chili 'n back ta hard logue trainin'.

One year that chili stayed on the stove 4-5 days. Ever time the pot went low, he'd chunk some more stuff in it 'n turn on the gas. Sometimes it wuz a fire, sometimes it warnt, but that chili set rite there on the stove. I reckon Ole Vincent Lomardy woulda been proud a us.

At least we didnt bet on our ownselves. :wink:

regards,

bearridge
rosedale logue team

P.S. Coach Wiggins tore hiz leg up bad tryin' ta sled. He wuz sippin' on Miz Janis Joplins Southern Comfort purty good before he hit them trees down ta the bottom.

I liked Coach Wiggins, cept nobody wanted ta set next ta him on the bench. If ya wanna play, ya gotta set close ta the coach....but he would burn yer bare leg with hiz cigarette. He'd be on one end a the bench 'n we'd be az far az we kin git away frum him.

One year we headed over ta Sledge ta play round ball. The fellas who rode with him stopped fer a few beers on the way over. One fella scored more points that nite than he ever done before, so I aint sho everthin' ya hear iz true. Whew.....times sho changed 'n dont none a ya little pardners ever try that one.

After Coach Wiggins left, I went ta help clean out the chemistry store room. It wuz all kinda bottles fulla strange stuff, but mostly it wuz little empty Southern Comfort bottles. :oops:

Swampy

Aug 25, 2003
Southeastern North Carolina
I'ma thinkin that boy waz a tad foolish.... that ride had to have been sum one elses huh? Sad part waz that if'in it waz alkihall he'd never get out on th' roof to begin wit.... musta won him the Darwin award fer the month....

Bro Bar, I jest knew ya waz an athleet... now I'm beginnin to see the nick wit th' "BEAR" in hit... "run Bro Bar run!"

Life iz a box o chocolates huh?

swampy

A

Anonymous

Friend Swampy,

[I jest seen that video.]

A "tad" foolish? Well, I reckon even a "tad" aint the same everwhere. :wink:

regards,

b

Swampy

Aug 25, 2003
Southeastern North Carolina
AHMEN!

SAMEMO SAMEMO The pope being a "Tad" Chatholic....

A defensive term to give an approxamate distance....

Drunken deffendents offten declare that they were only a "tad" drunk when caught..... 8)

Hense the putting of "tad" into another light.
"When cutting the board, I was only a tad off." Meaning either a new piece was needed, or a lot of puddy was used to mend the error or a complete re-design was made to cover that error also. :lol:

I am a "tad" sleepy now .... I shall go lie down.... :wink:

swampy