Rigging Freedom for fishing | SouthernPaddler.com

Rigging Freedom for fishing

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
I didn't want to drill holes in my boat so I came up with this little gizmo
IM001319.jpg

I love the leg room on this boat so I didn't want to loose it. so I designed this where I didn't It slides in put in two wing nutts wala you ready to go fishing you can point the rodes straight ahead when your going Thur heavy brush.

IM001321.jpg

I can still stretch my legs out flat
IM001322.jpg

I also have a place to carry 4 plastic trays with my fishing gear in them
a buckle snaps across them to secure them in case I pull a Chuck
IM001325.jpg

Now if I can go find some fish.
Ron

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
In case you pull a Chuck ?????????

I only pull the dip and strip when there is a group of ladies on the bank and no where for me to hide. Plus they were the ones that told me to get out of those wet clothes and get some dry ones on. :D Bedsides the dip felt good , might of been to good or it looked like I enjoyed it since Harry and Ray tried the same thing just a little ways further down river , almost where we pulled out for camp.

YEA , RIGHT , Wipe that smile off your kisser......................
Like none of you guy's have ever taken an involuntary dip in some river. :roll:

Chuck

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
O Master of Flow Bizness,

Funny what folks will do ta git a rapid named after 'em. Gray Rock, Gray Rock Shoals, Ole Naked Man, etc. The guviment folk who run things aint put that on the maps.....yet. :mrgreen:

regards
bearridge

Little Bill Daggett: You, sir, are a murdering son of a bitch! You just shot an unarmed man!
Will Munny: He should have armed himself if he was goin' to decorate his establishment with my friend.
Little Bill Daggett: You'd be Will Munny out of Missouri; murderer and killer of innocent women and children.
Will Munny: I'm Will Munny and I've killed most everything that walks or crawls at one time or another; and now I'm here to kill you Little Bill for what you done to Ned.

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
SOB!!! :shock: :D :D

Why wasn't I smart enough to think of that. :shock: :D

You are a sneaky bugger. I like that in a bloke. :D

Bloody good Job tex. I am thinking you could well be a man after my own evil little heart.

Keep the ideas coming mate. - love em. i can feel the need for an epoxy fix coming on. :D

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
The add on fishing rod holder worked great
I had to make one adjustment in the holes on the bases now if I am going thru brush I can point rods straight ahead with tips over the bow stops them hanging up.
Ron

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Mick
I will troll with them some but drift fishing on these lakes works best a lot of times after the trip yesterday I am pleased with how they worked.
Ron

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Thanks Ron,

I was just thinking that if trolling, you might like to consider some sort of fitting to lock your fram in place. A fish pulling from behind you could convievably pull the whole thing out of the boat.

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Hairy
It is buckled in there is two bolts set in bulkheads with wing nutts on them so it can be removed if I am just paddling.
Ron