Southern Paddler, St. Mary's camping , paddling viedo | SouthernPaddler.com

Southern Paddler, St. Mary's camping , paddling viedo

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Ladies and Gents of southernpaddler.

This last trip on the St. Mary's River with the dirty dozen ... I made or shot a video of it for each person on the trip.

Now with my devious mind working overtime I made a spare copy to be shared with menders of this forum. YES , you can see the dirty dozen in action and share in some of there camping secrets along with some candid shots..... Heck NO ...I will not say what they are.

The camera is just like me .... No shaking control, out of focus at times, shut down by wet weather and a camping nut but the crew is caught on film in living (almost) motion.

It is not professional made, with a crew doing the filming, unlike other films done by camping persons, just done by an ole fart in a boat while trying to paddle with the rest of the gang. Puff , puff , puff .... I will catch them ...puff , puff.....pooooof

Heck this film doesn't even cost you anything to see it and gain any information from it, like others want to charge you. We are not into making money ....We are just into having a lot of fun.

In this film you will see the dirty dozen, there camping, the way they like it, there boats, The commodores (Harris) invention which we all liked and is one great idea ..... no one else has thought of it, but a necessity. Then there is the best ..... Bear trying to have a heart attack while paddling the Swamp Girl up stream wishing he had a couple of skiers tied off to the stern of her.

There is a lot of fun and a lot of serious stuff ... I just don't know which is which, I guess the camera shut down on the serious stuff, like Bear adding all of those Cajun spices to his supper. OOOP'S that is in there.

Anyway I am sending the swap around tape to Kayak Jack and if you want to see it then let him know ..... Do me a flavor ...( thinking about all of those spices ) or is that a favor ..... if you get it from him then list it in this post so the next person can contact you to see it and when it has made the rounds ....... When done ......PLEASE send it back to me.

I Thank you ahead of time for your consideration and hope you enjoy it.
Chuck.

A

Anonymous

Holy mackeral there Kingfish, ya plum fergot ta put a disclaimin' on 'em! :roll: We dont want no little pardners learnin' ta count like Mac, rite?

Ya oughta tell how its a safety video. Folks oughta watch 'n pick out all them things that aint safe.....kinda like on Sesame Street....'er Mister Rogers.....so they dont do wrong.

I figger we done a mitey good job on that safety video. Somebody like Mister Jacobson kin likely point out a hunerd mistakes.....mebbe more. I didnt have no compass, but then I figgered the river only went one way.

regards,

bearridge
bodine school of risk managin'

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Bear

No disclaimer is necessary since we all made it back in one piece .....( Now, I did not say dry or warm) Darn thinking about it we might need a disclaimer .... About paddling a Gray Hound Bus on a River Trip, specially if they be red in color and having someone along on the trip like swampy & gatromac.

Actually the video could be a good example about how NOT to do it. But one must learn from there mistakes or others mistakes. Heck we can let the experts show us how then correct the bad parts ....

As swampy likes to say .......Cliff said......Then I would add ........Forget it ........ nut's you don't want to know all he tells you because it is wrong for camping down here.

Mac would be a lot better teacher on camping down here then that darn Yankee would be. Bet he even hates grits , no not Mac that yankee camping expert with all of the camping info that anyone in the woods should already know and if they don't then they should be camping at the Holiday Inn..

Even without Cliffs advice , or swampy reminding us what he said .....we made it and had a good time..........

Anyway we do not charge for our videos ( that is for members to share) the information on the web , that is free to all members........ Something somone else can't say....

Chuck.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
oldsparkey said:
(SNIP) Anyway we do not charge for our videos (that is for members to share) the information on the web, that is free to all members........ Something somone else can't say....
.... however, after I view it, I will send you my bill. I'll withhold any critique or other non-exemplary comments, and speak only of the good that I see. (Oughta save some band-width that way, I reckon.)

Lurker

Dec 6, 2003
Sun City, Arizona
Chuck,

It occurs to me to ask is this a VCR tape or some other kind? :roll:

What I don’t know about filming, cameras and picture taking has filled several books. :oops:

I'm way too busy deaming about boats and lrearning to type to read them. :p

Lurker

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Yep ..

An old standard VCR tape (the tape is new the vcr is old ) I spend to much time making boats to get into this new stuff , besides it confuses me..... not sure which button to push. :oops:

The good thing is after Jack , edits (looks) at it and sends me his bill I should have plenty of paper for starting fires or replacing the bathroom charmin. :lol: :lol:
Chuck.

Swampy

Aug 25, 2003
Southeastern North Carolina
Chuck, knowing alittle about that nawthern gent, I'd be carefull about any paper he sends ya. Bein an EPA man an such, i'd think hit haz made th rounds many a time fore he gitz it back to scratch on.... :shock:

Sides, he's gonna star in several films this fall.... but no Super Bowl surprises this go around! We'll keep Oldyaker and Jack seperated a tad! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lookin forword to the film.... may submit it to the Carnes Film people...

swampy

A

Anonymous

Friend Ole Sparkey,

Ya done good with that video. Miz Bear sez it wuz swell too.

I reckon if ya had showed how ta tie some knots 'n build a stick fire, folks would be tellin' how its anuther Clifford Jacobs out there. :wink:

respectfully,

bearridge

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Bear

It was not that good .... I should of included a Cliff Said to make it better...... That would of made the grass grow and the Roses Bloom.

Anyway , enjoy it and it is yours ...From me to you....We will paddle the same river for a long time ... just play the tape... :D ... Now as Cliff would say ( to quote swampy ) send $9.95 ( per tape , books extra only $29.95 each) You need the rest of the tapes to follow up on the trip and see what you missed. :twisted: I really do not think we missed anything ....but what do I know.
Chuck..

Swampy

Aug 25, 2003
Bro Bar. Thar waz indeed an lengthy end wit a "product" showin jest like ol' Clifford doez in hiz bookz! :shock:
Now I ain't say'in, but iz th' boy start'in to behave as the entrepenuer?
Only time will tell... :lol:

St%20Mary%20March%2004%2074.jpg

I discovered Florida. I invented the pirogue. I gave ideas to benifit campers and paddlers and made companies millions from these ideas. I want a take of Cliffy's intake. I'll write boring books that repeat themselves and quote a lot of people who know more than me. In fact I may change my name..."Sparkey Jacobson"!!

LOL :lol: LOL :lol: LOL :lol:
If I could only see his face turning red now! LOL :mrgreen:

This was NOT posted by swampy.... I repeat... not swampy....
I have snuk in hare an got hiz puter! :twisted:

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Swampy

I am thinking of a lot of good things for me to do in September and not to good for the person with me.......Heck by then I might mellow out and just relax but war is war....ya know.... Or so cliff says. :lol:

Got to admit one thing .... The boy takes good pictures .. or could it be the subject matter of the pictures...... :roll:
Chuck.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Video

I looked at the traveling copy of the video. Great guys, and not a bad drainage ditch. Best two looking things on the river were the gnarled up trees and Br'r Bear. (Bear was the one with the hat on - right?) I'll send it to Lurker (Lurkus Arizonicus) next, then from him it goes to Draino (Dranicus Sinicus).

I don't think any of you guys need to mark your calendars for the Oscar awards ceremony. They don't have a category for Olde Farticus Ridiculous. One of you did look a lot like Douglas Fairbanks Jr. Of course he's been dead for about 50 years now ....

There's always next year. There's always hope - not much, but it's always there. "TOMORROW! - - - is another day!"

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
oldsparkey said:
The problem with tomorrow is that tomorrow never comes..... it becomes today and the way time passes it becomes yesterday way to quick but tomorrow is always there.
Who paid YOU to wax philosophical? Besides - that was a Suthin Belle's lament with which you found error. None other than Miz Scarlett.

Swampy

Aug 25, 2003
Yeah bro Jack, that un waz a firsty o sortz. But by fall Sparks an I shall be th' DeLarintizes o' th' nawth an' then look out Oscar!!!! :p :p :p

Ponder'in if I should take a tape recorder along too.... :twisted:

swampy

A

Anonymous

Re: Video

Kayak Jack said:
One of you did look a lot like Douglas Fairbanks Jr. Of course he's been dead for about 50 years now ....

Friend Kayak Jack,

I seen that too. Reminded me of Ole Morgan Freedman after Little Bill done him wrong 'n set him in a coffin out in front a the saloon in Big Whiskey where him 'n William Money wuz lookin' ta make a few dollars off them angry whores.

I reckon pig farmin' kin drive a fella ta do most anythin'.....cept drink scotch whiskey. I tried some a Mister Johnnie's, but it tasted jest like diesel fuel.....only worse. I hope it'll lite my Zip stove. :?

regards,

bearridge

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Re: Video

bearridge said:
(SNIP) I reckon pig farmin' kin drive a fella ta do most anythin'.....cept drink scotch whiskey. I tried some a Mister Johnnie's, but it tasted jest like diesel fuel.....only worse. I hope it'll lite my Zip stove. :?
Br'r Bear,
Do NOT - repeat do NOT ever drink a blended Scotch. Amongst all the swills on this Earth, Johnnie Walker is one of ht most expensive. After I taught my Wife to drink good Scotch, she was served some Walker red one evening. "THIS", she cried, "tastes like donkey (urine) - in a rusty tin can!"

Bill, get yourself some 12 year old, single malt Scotch. A mild one is Glen Livet. A more pungent one is Glen Fiddich, my favorite. Start with the Glen Livet; you'll be glad you did. Your second bottle could then be the Fiddich.

Drink it straight, in a shot glass, no water, no ice, just enjoyment. Touch it with your lip & then lick off your lip. After you're used to it, sip about 1/8 teaspoon sips.

After you've done this, let me know. I'll erect a plaque in your name in the Hall of Gentlemen.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
If you are going to drink that scotch .... To kill the taste after you take a sip have something GOOD like a BIG BOWEL of Cheese Grits and fried pork skins, don't ferget to sprinkle some Louisiana Hot Sauce on the skins.

Garonteed to kill the taste of the scotch. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Grits forever.

aub77

Nov 15, 2003
Birmingham, Alabama
My father-in-law, a RAF officer, liked some sort of scotch that had a black plastic bull on a string tied around the neck of the bottle. When he died I inherited a few bottles of the stuff and long since finished them off. May have been crap but it did seem better than Johnny Walker Red. Do you know the brand, Kayak Jack? Oh, well, give me bourbon and ice anyday.