Swamp Girl -- a quick view | SouthernPaddler.com

Swamp Girl -- a quick view

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
David

Some good shots and they show the boat quite well ... now if you could just get that ole gray haired (what hair he has) goat out of the pictures it would be a lot better.

Guy's the jig is up. The Swamp Girl will be down at Lake Katherine in the morning for pictures and a test paddle. Then back home for a good sanding and a coat of varnish.

Matt I will get the pictures to you tomorrow sometime and I am sure David will have his trusty ..... candid shooting camera with him.

By the way David's last photo shows that ole fart on a set of bathroom scales weighing the Swamp Girl ..... It said he is overweight and ugly but the Girl is a nice trim almost 36 pounds. She will be on a DIET. She is 4 pounds overweight. :D
Chuck.

Allen

Jan 17, 2004
central florida
yup jack , i was ganna say -

whose that kid putting his grubby paws all over sparkys boat! :D

she is a real beauty chuck. only thing i ever made as purty as that has a pony tail and freckels and is in the 5th grade. :wink:

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
This time I put the sacles on the cement walk way.:oops:

Holding the boat and standing on the scales the needle wiggles between the 36 and 38 pound mark...when I could see it.
I even emptied my pockets and put the wallet on the work table to try to make it lighter....for some reason it didn't work. :lol: :lol:

An optimist would say 36 and a pessimist would say 38. I was shooting for 32 or less but the extra wood and epoxy added up the weight. It has 5 coats of epoxy , one under the glass and 4 over the glass

Now if I bob off the bow, cut a hole in the center of the hull and add a Plexiglas window, drop the sides to 8 inches.......or just start over. :?
Chuck.

Lurker

Dec 6, 2003
Sun City, Arizona
I noticed several things in the photo's;

My head is not as shinney :lol:

My belly is bigger :lol:

My garage is more of a mess :oops:

AND THE BOAT LOOKS GREAT :D

Now if I spend twice as much money, take three times as long to build one and get half as nice a boat, do you think I can get my town named after me? say Billy-Lucky???? :wink:

Lurker

Swampy

Aug 25, 2003
Southeastern North Carolina
Thanks David for some great pictures! Did the lad let you paddle the Gal?
Was Chuck on his knees with the double paddle?
If you got to paddle the swamp Girl, how did it handle since you've paddled a pirogue?

swampy
side note.... see the lad is "growing" :lol: