Taking a trip down memory lane today...... | SouthernPaddler.com

Taking a trip down memory lane today......

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Taking a trip down memory lane today......

The weather is rainy and cold just like 45 years ago when the wife and I got married..... We went over to Daytona at a motel for the honeymoon. It was rainy and cold but they had a heated swimming pool and the two us us enjoyed it , the folks were looking out there windows at the two fools swimming in it. :lol: As long as only a part of your head was out of the water it was nice and warm , getting out was a different problem. Hell we were young and having a good time and enjoyed that pool a lot while we were there. We were a couple of swimming fools and S.C.U. B.A ----Or Skin divers depending on the depth of the water back then. Two water Rats to put it mildly.

The clock and time marches on...................

Tonight ( 45 years later ) it is again raining and cold , I am cooking the supper and taking part of it for pups to have. I mash up one of his joint pills in his portion of my supper and he comes back looking for more , even gave him some of my supper.

Have to take care of him , he is 13 , that's 91 in our years so the Old Man needs all I can do for him. I guess it is working since he is moving around like he did a few years ago , Wish I could say that for the wife and myself but .......................

All of us have a past , that is to be remembered and cherished but it is the future of our lives that will make those memories of the past and we need to to do everything to make them just as memorable.

Respect life and every living creature in your care and life will offer a lot of rewards to you , especially the memories of all the days long gone , even yesterday. We can never go back , just forward so make the most out of today and plan on a better tomorrow......... With some luck it will be there , good or bad , That means you are there to decide. :wink:

45 years ago I never knew I would be here ( almost was not [ 17 years ] ago ) and that reprieve has let me enjoy ever day from then to today , even the bad times we have shared , along with having this web site for building boats and having a good time with them while knowing all of you.

Have respect for your self and offered to everything you meet and know and it will be returned , most of all take everyday for what it offers you and offer more back.

Chuck
PS. YES... The same lady for all those years. :D

mike

Jun 29, 2009
TEXAS!
Great post, Chuck! 8)

Congrats on 45 years. I wish you and yours many more years of happiness.

Mike

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
well said chuck this past feb 12th was 28 yrs of me & my better half.i cherish all 28 of em. like the other geezers said i hope you have many many more to come. may god bless you and your better half.

by the way it rained on our wedding day too but that didn,t matter. :wink: :D

leeh

Jul 24, 2009
45 years. That's quite an accomplishment! Congratulations on picking a good wife, or letting a good woman pick you. :)

Kim & I hit 30 last month, and I can say without hesitation I would do it again if I had a choice (maybe not all the same way... Well, definitely not all the same way).