Clicky

Tales from the Log of the Ruptured Duck

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
And isn't it hunbling! We're a pretty small pirce of a very large puzzle. When we Googlize "earth history condensed into one year" it says about what you cited, but with dimensions of time instead of distance.

Mathematically, they are very close to the same. Psychologically, they are identical. We are very tiny.

History books are trip reports of our magnificent journeys. The stone age was just a few seconds ago.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
I read an interesting comment about the earlyTexas Rangers and Cherokees. The Comanche were still in the stone age. The Rangers were using muzzle loaders. The stone age guys were said to have an arrow in the air most of the time - one right after the other. The muzzle loaders were good for one shot, and impossible to reload while riding along on a horse.

Not until the Colt revolvers, were the Rangers better armed than the stone age warriors. It was also said that the Comanche were the world's best light cavalry at the time. IE: they outrode the Rangers.

But, something similar could be said about the Sioux and others against Custer. And, while Custer's men had single-shot rifles, many Indians carried repeaters.

Last edited:

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Well the new, little chair arrived a couple of days ago. It will be entertaining for the other fellas, watching an old cripple getting down - and back up again. It is, in fact, a small framework used to make a stadium seat, using a sleeping pad to cushion my butt. The simplicty and light weight of it appeal to me. But, the seat isn't for everybody. And neither is canoeing, single malt scotch, or chocolate ice cream.

Well, maybe the ice cream is for everybody? I guess.