Clicky

Tales from the Log of the Ruptured Duck

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
You're right; pictures are good reminders. And, do a good job of depicting what we're trying to say. I try to make a few notes along the way, too.

Breath taking sites, far vistas, little posies and pretty stones, smiles on faces of people, ice cream shops, brooks and streams, colorful butterflies, fish jumping in a pond, eagles, belted kingfishers, partridges, flashing cardinals, bounteous clouds that look like castles and dragons, and a welcome cup of coffee. These and more are parts of our trips.

That second bottle of water is wanted, indeed it's welcome. But, those third and fourth botles could have been left behind. There are enough towns where I can refill, so extras weren't needed. A cigar to enjoy at a rest stop is welcome too.

But, for now, all of these have to wait for better weather. sigh

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
That second bottle of water is wanted, indeed it's welcome. But, those third and fourth botles could have been left behind. There are enough towns where I can refill, so extras weren't needed. A cigar to enjoy at a rest stop is welcome too.
Jack...
I found a way to beat those third and forth bottles seven ways past Sunday.
If no towns are around and lets say , paddling down a stream , plenty of water is available and this makes it drinkable.

Biking or hiking , streams , creeks , lakes , ponds or even the farmers horse trough , if there is water in it.
You can get anything from a .06 liter to a 3 liter bottle for the water to be filtered with. Fill the container with the dirty water and run it threw the filter into your drinking water bottle. The whole unit is just a couple of ounces and packs down really small.
If anything ....It's a nice insurance policy about drinkable water being available. Even some of the available water ( Non Bottled ) you will find in towns.

https://www.amazon.com/Katadyn-BeFree-Water-Filtration-System/dp/B01LZB9UQE

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Clean water is critical. Over the years, I've paid extra to ensure that I had the very best purifiers available. I've eaten some crazy meals in camp, but have never been sick.
I like the looks of this filter, Chuck. But, the places that I stop for fillups also sell other stuff. Stuff like ice cream, apple pie, hamburgs, beer, etc. Sometimes, free water costs a little bit more. ;-)