Talked to Sheenas Dad tonight (not good) | SouthernPaddler.com

Talked to Sheenas Dad tonight (not good)

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
I had a phone call from Steve tonight , It wasn't the kind I like to get
from a friend.
A couple weeks ago his wife Deb had tumor removed everything looked good , yesterday they called and said the test came back as cancer and not a good prognoses on it.
Steve ask that ya'll remember them in your prayers

I am truly sorry Steve for you and yours and Deb will be in my thoughts and prayers
Ron
PS Steve ask me to let you guys know

a Bald Cypress

May 7, 2007
Northwest Louisiana
g

Fight it, every step of the way. FIGHT it.

Prayers and best wishes to you and yours.

My sister -1/2 a lung and 4 years so far still fighting.

My Mom 1/2 a stomach and lived 10 years longer than expected.

FIGHT IT with every fiber of your being.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
I give them my best prayers and thoughts.......Too many fine people have too many bad things happen. :cry:

sheena's dad

Oct 30, 2006
Moscow, Idaho
Hi, guys. Thanks for the kind thoughts and prayers. They are appreciated more than words may ever be able to express. Right now, Deb is in good spirits while we wait on other tests to come in, all the kids know now. Sheena read what was posted here and sends her thanks to you all. I know this is going to be a lomg haul especially with me 300 miles or so from home working. Committments and honoring them are sure difficult at times, committment to family, committment to work, it way too hard to balance both at times like this. But the bosses I have are willing to work with me and give me whatever time I need away from the job. While I can't quit and go home (because of the insurance issue, mainly, now) they are willing to grant me the time to be there for her and that means a lot. I know that when Deb reads the posts here though whatever time the job allows me to have off will pale in comparison. As time goes by I will keep you posted on her condition, My thanks to you all, again, for the kind words and prayers.

Steve

islandpiper

Steve....you KNOW if we were all nearer we'd cut your lawn, do the dishes and fold clothes........as it is all we can do is think positive thoughts for you all.

Deb.......learn all you can, worry as much as you need to, do what the doctors say AND GET ON WITH THE DAILY PARTS OF YOUR LIFE......we are rooting for you.

piper

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Steve and Deb,

These are only words, I know, but both Robin and I sare praying for you both. We can only imagine how hard it must be having to work so far away at a time like this.

Please keep us posted on progress.

Ditto to what Piper said and anything else that needed taking care of. Stay strong guys

Love Mick & Robin