The Australian idea of a Hamburger | SouthernPaddler.com

The Australian idea of a Hamburger

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Mick an Robin have been touring around Australia ( where they live) and has posted pictures in the travel section of some beautiful scenery. In the process they have stopped for a bite , now and then.
Here is the Australian idea of a hamburger.

One that almost looks like ours with a lot of extras and stacked a lot higher.........
dafbab37.jpg

Different trip and burger ..............With the below mentioned items in it.
Thanks guys, That is what we would cal a traditional hamburger.
From memory, in addition to the beef pattie and bacon, there was a fried egg, cheese, lettuce, beetroot, carrot, onion and a slice of pineapple.
It was one of the best burgers I have had in a while and was similarly priced to what Mcdonalds call a fillet. I had one of those abominations a short while ago for the last time. pissant little things.

We asked Mick if that was a Beet in it...............
g'day guys, I am not sure what a beet is but what we call beetroot is a bulb like thing that we pickle and boil then slice and use mostly in salads or in burgers (if they are good ones) :D

0b270f6a.jpg

Re eating the burgers - no problem. :D
8c26515a.jpg

gbinga

Nov 7, 2008
Hoschton, GA
Sounds like "beet" and "beetroot" is the same thing? What Americans call a beet is the root of the beet plant. From what Mick says we use it the same way as they do, 'though I've never seen one on a burger.

George