THOUGHTS ON GUN CONTROL IN AMERICA | SouthernPaddler.com

THOUGHTS ON GUN CONTROL IN AMERICA

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
SOME Worthwhile THOUGHTS ON GUN CONTROL IN AMERICA.

Figures do not lie, but liars can figure! ....Go figure.... Worth digesting given the emphasis on gun control by some, especially those in Government. Remember Ronald Reagan's words cautioning Government's involvement in our lives..."I'm from the Government and I'm here to help you out!"

Very Interesting Facts About Gun Control:

There are 30,000 gun related deaths per year by firearms. That is not disputed. (US Population 324,059,091 as of Wednesday, June 22, 2016) (Do the math - 0.00925% of the population die from gun related actions each year - statically speaking it is insignificant!) What is never shown, though, is a breakdown of those deaths to put them in perspective; as compared to other causes of death.

* 65% of those deaths are by suicide which would never be prevented by gun laws
* 15% are by law enforcement in the line of duty and justified
* 17% are through criminal activity, gang and drug related or mentally ill persons
* 3% are accidental discharge deaths
So technically, "gun violence" is not 30,000 annually but drops to 5,100.

Still too many? Well, first, how are those deaths spanned across the nation?
* 480 homicides (9.4%) were in Chicago
* 344 homicides (6.7%) were in Baltimore
* 333 homicides (6.5%) were in Detroit
* 119 homicides (2.3%) were in Washington DC (a 54% increase over prior years)
So basically, 25% of all gun crime happens in just 4 cities.

All 4 of those cities have strict gun laws so it is not the lack of law that is the root cause.

This basically leaves 3,825 for the entire rest of the nation or about 75 per state.

That is an average because some States have much higher rates than others. For example, California had 1,169. Now, who has the strictest gun laws by far? California of course but understand, it is not the tool (guns) driving this. It is a crime rate spawned by the number of criminal persons residing in those cities and states. So if all cities and states are not created equal, then there must be something other than the tool causing the gun deaths.

Are 5,100 deaths per year horrific? How about in comparison to other deaths?

All death is sad and especially so when it is in the commission of a crime but that is the nature of crime. Robbery, death, rape, assault; all are done by criminals to victims and thinking that criminals will obey laws is ludicrous. That's why they are criminals.

But what of other deaths?
* 40,000+ die from a drug overdose - THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THAT!
* 36,000 people die per year from the flu, far exceeding the criminal gun deaths
* 34,000 people die per year in traffic fatalities (exceeding gun deaths even if you include suicide)

Now it gets good
* 200,000+ people die each year (and growing) from preventable medical malpractice.
* You are safer in Chicago than you are in a hospital!
* 710,000 people die per year from heart disease. Time to stop the cheeseburgers!

So what is the point? If Obama and the anti-gun movement focused their attention on heart disease, even a 10% decrease would save twice the lives annually of all gun related deaths (including suicide, law enforcement, etc.).

A 10% reduction in malpractice would be 66% of the total gun deaths or 4 times the number of criminal homicides. Simple, easily preventable 10% reductions!

So you have to ask yourself, in the grand scheme of things, why the focus on guns? It's pretty simple. Taking away guns gives control to governments. This is not conspiracy theory; this is a historical fact.

Why is it impossible for the government to spill over into dictatorship? Why did the Japanese not even attempt to attack California in WWII? Because as they put it, there is a gun behind every blade of grass. The founders of this nation knew that regardless of the form of government, those in power may become corrupt and seek to rule as the British did. They too tried to disarm the populace of the colonies because it is not difficult to understand; a disarmed populace is a controlled populace. Thus, the second amendment was proudly and boldly included in the Constitution. It must be preserved at all costs.

So the next time someone tries to tell you that gun control is about saving lives, look at these facts and remember these words from Noah Webster "Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed"; as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe.

The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretense, raised in the United States.

A military force, at the command of Congress, can execute no laws, but such as the people perceive to be just and constitutional; for they will possess the power."

Another comment: Please note that this explanation doesn't address anything about the deaths being PREVENTED by someone having a gun in defense of their person or property - and it is many times the number of deaths CAUSED by guns. Such is the deterrent effect of gun ownership as well as the many cases of the immediate removal of a bad person from being able to cause injury or death to another person.

Remember: "When seconds count, the police are only minutes away..."
(Average police response time: 6 minutes) If you even slightly agree, pass it on. If you disagree then use your delete key now. (It will not change the facts, but it will make you feel better as you drink your kool-aid.)

hairymick01

At the risk of stating the obvious and of becoming as popular as a pork chop in a mosque in this, oh so PC world, does anyone seriously think the BLM mob or the Syrian ? "Refugees" or the gangsters or any of the criminal element are going to surrender their guns ?

There is indeed a conspiracy going on here gentlemen. It is of global proportions and is gaining momentum. Your government and mine are part of it, as are the European Union, the Middle East and most of Africa. Google UN Agenda 2030 if you have any doubts.

Both of your major parties are in it up to the eyeballs. Why do you think the so-called GOP have to ruthlessly gone after Trump ?, their ONLY candidate whe stood a chance of defeating Clinton. They are as crooked as the democrats.

Personally, I will be surprised if this Presidential Election even happens. I think your racial tensions (and orthers) are going to continue to escalate (being fed and sponsored by Soros, Obama and their evil mates) to such a point where martial law is declared nationally and the election is "temporarily " suspended.

mike

Jun 29, 2009
TEXAS!
There is no legal way for Obama to suspend the election. I can't even think of a way he could make it happen even if he wanted to. If by some chance it did happen, we would have a civil war.

Mike

dawallace45

I like that idea some one come up with a while back that at every election at the bottom of the form there be a listing for NONE OF THE ABOVE and if none of the above gets more votes than any of the others then the election is held again and again until we get candidates worth voting for

Of course the politicians would hate it and there is no chance at all of it coming to pass but I like the idea

David

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
Oh, I think this "election" will happen. I'm convinced this election has ALREADY happened. The person the establishment wants to be President WILL be President. I think that will be Hillary. Same agenda.......different face. With all the power at stake, these people will not let their fate be left to a silly election. Hope to hell I'm wrong.