1. The forums software has been upgraded and we are still sorting out its quirks.
    Please relay any problems you encounter. Thanks for your patience!
    Dismiss Notice

Totch Brown's Pit Pan

Discussion in 'Boat Bragging Board' started by FlaMike, Sep 3, 2014.

1. FlaMike

FlaMike Well-Known Member

Brace yourself for a LOT of pictures and and video! (I pity the person who's still on dial-up!)

Fair warning, all the pictures are included in the video.

Loading up to go was fun! It was a LOT easier than horsing that 15 ft+ Glade Skiff. Thought I was about ready and then remembered I did not build the push pole included in the design, so I loaded up the pole from the Skiff and then had to find a flag for it. Seems its just a tad longer than the boat.

And I did remember that I wanted to take a couple of crawdad traps that I've been wanting to try out, so I tossed them in. Of course, I then had to hunt down a couple of small rocks to weight down the traps, as they are build out of plastic fencing and they kind of float. And the anchor. I need an anchor. Don't intend to use it, I just can't take out a boat without an anchor! Found it, loaded it too.

So, here's what she looks like now, a bow shot:

[​IMG]

Side view showing the varnished inside:

[​IMG]

I'm using the same cart I built quite a while back, I just shortened up up about a foot so I could stuff it in the truck cab while I'm off floating about. And another side view, so you can see the hull shape:

[​IMG]

Loaded up and ready to go! (See what I mean about that push pole being a little on the long side for this boat?)

[​IMG]

And well, why not? Same shot from the rear:

[​IMG]

The full load out, except for the fly rod and the mud bug traps:

[​IMG]

Now on to the water:

[​IMG]

Standing up:

[​IMG]

Haven't fallen in yet. . .

[​IMG]

And this is about where the video starts. . . And I'm STILL standing!

[​IMG]

Hopefully, this will work, here is the video on YouTube. This has been one whole HECK of a lot of FUN!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMy9SGMUrts

Mike S.
    Spring Hill, FL

2. catfish

catfish Well-Known Member

looks good mike, but I was still waiting for the splash :?: :lol: :mrgreen: yep I'm amazed too you didn't fall. it is short I guess after awhile you get use to it or learn the hard way? :mrgreen:

3. oldsparkey

oldsparkey Well-Known Member

"O" BOY.....
    Since you can't chase Gators today unless you have a permit I was thinking . All you need is a frog gig on the other end of the push pole. A dark night and a good head lamp to spot them with to get your self a mess of frog legs for supper. :D

4. Wannabe

Wannabe Well-Known Member

Thanks Mike,
    That was neat. It seems like it moves a lot better with the push pole. Before long you will be like Joey. Dancing a jig while shooting fish out of your pirogue with your bow. Good work.
    Bob

5. texastom

texastom Well-Known Member

Congrats! Another successful launch of a historically significant craft. Thanks for the build post and launch video.