UJ pirogue finished | SouthernPaddler.com

UJ pirogue finished

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
G'day John and welcome aboard mate.

I think the UJ pirogue is probably one of he most versatile paddlecraft afloat and yours is a beautiful build of this magnificent concept. Its magnificence lies in its simplicity and stunning performance for what it is - a flat bottom canoe. Only those who own or paddle pirogue would understand. I just can't imagine my boat shed without one in it.

Bloody well done mate. Please share with us some of your trips and experiences, with lots of piccies of course.

BTW, PA where is that? We got another damn Yankee on here or should I give myself some uppercuts? :D :lol: :p

gbinga

Nov 7, 2008
Hoschton, GA
Mick-

Most of us would consider PA (Pennsylvania) at least somewhat Yankee :) but it is a lovely state full of farm land and good solid people. The big cities (Philadelphia and Pittsburgh) are... well, they are big cities. What can you say. But I've spent some time working up there and found much to like.

Welcome aboard, John!!

Your boat looks great - what sort of plywood did you use? How much does she weigh? Did you make your paddle?

George

Steve

He's somewhere over there in Oldyaker's neck of the woods, Mick. . . . :lol: :lol: :lol: Don't beat yerself up to bad there, Mick, we be at ages we don't heal up too quick anymore. . . . :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Very nice.....looks cool up there....grass aint dead....where ya aim ta paddle that fine lookin' boat?

regards
bearridge

It's an old habit.  I spent my life trying not to be careless.  Women and children can be careless, but not men.  Don Corleone

bluegrasslover

Feb 18, 2009
Willow Springs, NC
Looks great! I love that color scheme and it is exactly what I wanted to do on mine but I messed up and attached the sides to the stems where the "good" side of the plywood was on the outside instead of the inside. :oops:

You're going to love that boat!

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
SimpleJohn said:
After about 3 months I have pretty much finished my first pirogue. I have read and reread many of the posts on this forum, and I really need to thank everyone who has shared so much valuable information. Here are some pics of the fruits of our labor.
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2009-7/1343144/

John...

Don't forget to send some pictures to Uncle John so he can post them in his builders section.

Chuck.
PS. Or if you want me to I will send a notice to him for you. :D

SimpleJohn

May 16, 2009
South Central PA
Hey I'm not originally from PA. Actually I'm a native West Virginian. Where I live now is nice, though. There's lots of farms, mountains, woods, creeks, good trout fishing, and some pheasants to shoot at.
The pirogue is made out of $11 a sheet luan and lots of Raka epoxy and fiberglass cloth. I'm not really sure how much it weighs, but I can pick it up and move it around ok---maybe 50# or so.
Thanks for all the compliments. You are really complimenting yourselves, because I stole a lot of your ideas.

John