w13-6 | Page 3 | SouthernPaddler.com

w13-6

makenmend

Aug 26, 2009
Longview East TX
Prepareing to glass side. [ur
wye13-6inprogress049.jpg
l][/url]

Wetted out [[img]http://i469.photobucket.com/a... go faster stripe to hide this, not sure yet.

Bently

Dec 15, 2009
Weight factor? What would you estimate the finished weight to be? And o.a.l?

makenmend

Aug 26, 2009
Longview East TX
Bentley will weigh when done and report. any way here's some delayed progress, back to the build after forced break. taped all inside seams then glassed exterior.
wye13-6inprogress058.jpg

wye13-6inprogress059.jpg

wye13-6inprogress063.jpg

Bently

Dec 15, 2009
She looks great. I'm really excited about building this one myself. Gotta get my laker and pirogue Tv done first. One project at a time. :)

captaindoug

Nov 18, 2009
Tampa Bay, Florida
You have some pictures of your yachts at a function in Texas. They look great by the way, but I for one am anxious to hear how they performed on the water. Any chance of a report?

makenmend

Aug 26, 2009
Longview East TX
OK sorry for delay, went to the TKF boatbuilders roundup on Inks lake Sat 15th, boats not finished but ready enough for float testing,then directly after the roundup left for the coast for real world testing.
1st impression,with boat floating stepping in for a clutz was easy
shifting wieght to side secondary stability real good.
paddling, seated on tunnel catching the gunnels on low angle,ok with hi angle,raised seat should fix this.didn't have gps for speed, but seat of pants feel is pretty good for beamy boat.
Dosn't want to turn,but will if persuaded with good sweep or paddle/rudder.tracks straight as a die, and has suprisingly good glide.
And finaly the reason I started this, could I stand and flycast

wye13-6inprogress146.jpg

[img]http://i469.photobucket.com/al...icture history/wye13-6inprogress147.jpg[/img]

makenmend

Aug 26, 2009
Longview East TX
Real world test even tho I have a very poor sence of balance I can stand and flyfish, at 1st a little shaky but with practice I became more confident, and the hi gunnels that interferes with paddling is a real benefit when it comes to standing and sitting for this old fart.In a mild breeze (10 - 15 mph) holding course in any quarter is a easy,wednesday with winds 20 + gusting to 31 things were different (suprise ) heading back with the wind about 20 degrees off my bow I was slowly veering off my heading but due to the tunnel hull/ tracking it was controlable and a couple of stokes had me on track, I sure got a good workout and feel it today. :roll:
The designer Matt of JEM watercraft has met his goals+. I can't compare it to the native ultimate as yet, but my OK drifter was always my yardstick for stability and I could stand in it but never actualy fish, I can now. :D

MM