Wallowa Lake | SouthernPaddler.com

Wallowa Lake

Steve

The other day Susie and I got a case of cabin fever and decided to take a little trip and drove down to Joseph Oregon. Wanna talk about some winding road. . . got dizzy as all get out on some of them hairpin turns. . . . but they sure were fun at times :D .

dscf0700.jpg

Wallowa Lake is fairly pretty as you kin see. . . .

dscf0719.jpg

dscf0757.jpg

dscf0760.jpg

Even saw some critters, up close and personal. . . . They were just wandering around town, parking wherever they pleased. . .

dscf0743.jpg

dscf0746.jpg

dscf0749.jpg

Yeah he's the real deal. . . . Not some yard ornament :lol:
dscf0756.jpg

Anyway, hope ya'll have a good 'un. . . .

dscf0721.jpg

Steve

oldsparkey said:
. . . I did not know there was beach sand in that area but you folks sure have some nice white sand. It's all over the place. :roll: . . .

Chuck.

Yeah, Chuck, as you can see there is so much white sand, we have to pile it up on the outskirts of town just to be able to walk around. . . . :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dang it, though, there were some mighty low temps this morning. . . . it got down to 12 degrees!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: I gots to admit. . . .dem Texas winter temps is startin' to sound not half bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, rite. . . . . :D :D :D Near zero humidity versus 110 per cent humidity. . . . You kin have dem Gulf Coast winters!!!!!!!!

'Sides this be the only heater I be needin'!
dscf0727.jpg

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I think we got down to 75 last night and back into the 90's with tons of humidity around here. Everyone is wearing shorts , lose shirts or just a towel around there shoulders to wipe there foreheads with. Heck some folks are even wearing shoes but most of them are only because they are mowing there yards.

Heaters what are those , we have Air Conditioners or freezers for our comfort. I have to admit you do have a nice heater and I would suggest to be really considerate to the heater. Don't want the flame to go out. :wink:

Same nation and sure some different weather. I bet you don't camp in the winter in a hammock and swat bugs , "O" Well that is the penalty for being where you are. Not everyone can be as lucky as we are down here , some just have rotten luck with the weather and the lack of those lovely bugs when outdoors.
I bet you even wear long slacks and a ,Shutter , stammer , gasp , a long sleeve shirt at times ( even gloves :roll: ). :lol:

Chuck.

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
hey steve that is some pretty country. i don,t believe i seen your canoe or piro? :lol: like chucks says it is hot here in ga too. :cry: you guys up north could share alittle bit of that cooler weather. thanks for sharing pics