WELL..... The Truth Shall Prevail , or something like that | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

WELL..... The Truth Shall Prevail , or something like that

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Sounds like a Pennsylvania version of "Deliverance". Instead of a pen headed kid pickin' a banjo, I bet there will be a fat boy with an accordian. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :roll: :mrgreen:

Why are hemorrhoids called "hemorrhoids" instead of "assteroids"?

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Bilgerat said:
oldsparkey said:
Well I will be around for a while ....... Chuck.

Good news! 8) 8) 8)

Mike

Bilgerat

I thank you , You are a true Southern Gentleman , like me ( unlike some folks on here from up nawth) and we are few and far between. Might even say an endangered species , especially on here. :roll:

"O" Well I guess since this is a world wide web site and it even takes in those critters up nawth ( Ya know , anyone nawth of Georgia) and it is just a burden we have to live with.

I was thinking of that old saying , Everyone has a cross to bear and I guess they are ours. Now if they weren't so much fun to know it might make it better but the good times with them might be part of it. :?

I think it might be wise to keep them around , who knows one of these days they might like Grits and Oysters. :lol:

Chuck.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
oldsparkey said:
... "O" Well I guess since this is a world wide web site and it even takes in those critters up nawth ( Ya know , anyone nawth of Georgia) and it is just a burden we have to live with. .. Everyone has a cross to bear and I guess they are ours...
Speaking of you bearing us, Chuckus Haulicus, git a move on! Quit standing around. I want to to taken to town for hawg jowls and turnip greens, smothered in gritz, gravy, lard, n mole-asses. Get a move on, old man. Let's go!

(That oughta keep the Olde Farte busy for a day or two) snicker giggle hoot n holler

CamperDave

Nov 12, 2005
Southwestern PA
Doctor check up

Hey Chuck...
Sure hope all went well yesterday at the doc's....my dad's on his 3rd defibulator....one every 5 years....he's 89 and going strong....so hopefully you'll be around a loooooooooooooooong time so you can get poked in the arse from Honest Jack and oleyaker....and anyone else who wants to take a shot at you....hehehehe....take care my friend....camperdave

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Well .... It is good news or bad news , depending on how you look at it , I like to think good news. Sort of.

Sept 30, it armed itself 14 times between 11 AM and 12 but never went off , That is a Sunday and when I sit back , read the paper and play around on the web , nothing more. So I have no idea why the unit went nuts at that time.

Oct 14th... at 08:41 I was at 280 ms ( V Cycle) for 10 beats and it armed itself , then things quieted down and at 08:56 I went to 300ms ( V Cycle) for 6 beats and that is when it said no more of this crap and got me back to normal.

The heart beat before then looked like scrambled eggs and after the whammy everything was back to normal. It was me not the unit , the unit did what it is there to do. Without it I would of been laying on the kitchen floor with a heart that might of stopped beating , not a good thing. Did that a couple of times back in 93 and it was no fun for the ER Crew.

It looks like it did not want me to go camping with a Southern Lawyer , they said the unit was smarter then I am. :lol: :lol: :lol:

This one is the longest lasting one I have ever had out of the three of them from 93. This one was implanted in 1999 and my next check up on it is January 08. They tell me I'm getting more use out of a battery that should of been gone a long time ago , it just refuses to die , sort of like me , someone needs to be here to pick on Kayak Jack and the rest of you. :wink:

Chuck.

FlaMike

Jun 20, 2007
Spring Hill, FL
www.ptponds.com
That is a Sunday and when I sit back , read the paper. . . I have no idea why the unit went nuts at that time.

The first part of that quote probably answers the second part.

Once, a Doc told me my stomach was "pre-ulcerative." So now I only read the "five-color intellectual page," and my stomach is fine! :D

Besides, there's no news in those papers anyway. The ought to change the name to "History Paper," or more correctly, "History of Skewed Propaganda Paper."

The Ruskies used to say, "There's no Pravda in Izvestia, no Izvestia in Pravda." Those were the names of the two official State newspapers, the names translated to "News" and "Truth."

With your medical history, it's no wonder you put a certain amount of faith in modern electronics, like the GPS! I just took a step up (or out,) myself. Traded in my cell phone for a Blackberry 8830. Now I can check my email and the Forums while out paddling around. :mrgreen:

One of these days, they'll come up with a way to recharge pacemakers, in place, and do away with change-outs.

Mike S.
Spring Hill, FL

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
FlaMike said:
One of these days, they'll come up with a way to recharge pacemakers, in place, and do away with change-outs.

Mike S.
Spring Hill, FL

The 1st ones that came out were plutonium or something like it , powered and never had to be recharged. Naturally every time you went more the 50 miles from your residence you had to get Federal Permission to go there and list down where you were going to be and when you would be there.

That is the trouble when you have bomb grade atoms running your unit.

My 1st one was rechargeable , every 90 days , in for a interrogation of the unit , a total discharge and a new charge for it. If I would not of broken the wires I could still have it. Man did that ever run the battery down. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Now it is just the one with the Eveready Bunny running it , no travel restrictions. :lol:

If we could get one of these in Jack , he could light up most of the North and part of the south when it goes off. NO , Better forget that , he might take over my part time job of jump starting the cruse ships when there batteries go dead. No extension cords needed. :lol:

Chuck.

FlaMike

Jun 20, 2007
Spring Hill, FL
www.ptponds.com
The battery for pacemakers gets better every year or so. But sooner or later, there will be a method to recharge internal batteries via a direct energy transfer, without the use of wires. It will happen.

'Course, if he becomes a dedicated homebody, I suppose we could simply run him with an extension cord. :lol:

Mike S.
Spring Hill, FL

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Kayak Jack said:
Shucks, I just might get one of those gizmos.

It's the ultimate toy or gadget and at $89,000 each ( 1999 prices ) it is a bargain. You would not believe what it can do plus it has a little siren in it to warn you when you are in a area it does not like.

Now the Motel and staff will kick the price up to about $150,000 but don't worry , that even covers the sterile room with the metal table and all the lights overhead where the cutup's play. Really bright lights and "O" don't forget the cocktails they serve you , they will knock you out and for a long time. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chuckles

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Mister Sparkanator,

If yer heart dont beat rite, how come that whizbang didnt fry yer arse when ya turnt bottom upwards on the Buffalo River? It dont make no sense that it fried ya when writin' yer parole officer (Sharon) a note, but didnt do nuthin' when ya blew out.....'n had yer clothes stripped off by a buncha women.

regards
bearridge
shade tree medikle clinc

He was as tall as a six-foot, three-inch tree.  Unknown high school student